This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original Gum Blanket FSOT

This gum blanket came out of an estate sale in Minnesota. The seller had it in a pile of car covers. He had no idea what it was, and I felt a little guilty about buying it for $2, but then I remembered all the time I've spent researching material culture that prepared me for that moment. So yeah, it was a once in a lifetime thing. There are no rips, cuts, or tears. The rubber has dry damage which is typical for an item this age. There is a stain on the canvas side and some of the rubber has cracks or has worn off. There is an inspector stamp and other stencils which would be a regiment/company number or a company/soldier's roster number. I'm selling it to feed my addiction AKA seed money for a limber. I've seen them go at auction for around $4,000. I've already contacted Cowan's Auction House, so that is the next stop. They've agreed to list it and they expect to collect $2,000-3,000. I'd entertain cash offers, trades, partial trades, etc. Just pm me.

I can provide more pictures and try to answer any of your questions. Thanks for looking.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	232309

Name:	4.jpg
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	232310

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	232311

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	232312

Name:	21754261_2083477035011531_229267934_n.jpg
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	232313
    Den Bolda

Re: Original Gum Blanket FSOT

Item is sold. Thanks for looking.
    Den Bolda

Comment

Re: Original Gum Blanket FSOT

Kewl items need to be shared. Although this thread originated as an item for sale with the item being sold, a moderator thought it might be a good idea to preserve the photos for future reference in another subforum. Accordingly, here it is.

Normally, threads here would remain open for comment, but because this is a completed sale where a moderator already closed the thread, I'm allowing the thread to remain closed.
      Silas Tackitt,
      one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

Working...
      X