Pay documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay documents

So does anyone have an example of a pay receipt/ pay roster? I have used the search function here on AC and found some interesting things on being a paymaster, I've read the whole post on school of the company clerk (and printed all of those forms) and I've searched other sources, I've read through Kautz duties of NCOs and Officers and everything it says on pay. I even looked at Sullivan Press. No where can I find a pay voucher/ roster/ receipt or any document used to record pay transactions.
    Last edited by Pennvolunteer; 03-30-2016, 10:25 PM.
    Frank Siltman
    24th Mo Vol Inf
    Cannoneer, US Army FA Museum Gun Crew
    Member, Oklahoma Civil War Sesquicentennial Commission
    Company of Military Historians
    Lawton/Fort Sill, OK

Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay -- and claims a halo for his dishonesty.— Robert A. Heinlein

Re: Pay documents

I think the Pay department’s form 6 is the item that you are looking for. But if it is not what you are looking I am pretty sure that it is in the Pay department section of the 1861 Army Regulations on pages 341-368.
    Dan Kohli

4th U.S. Artillery, Battery A WI.

Comment

Re: Pay documents

I did heard about pay receipt which were used to record the payment transactions.It is very useful.
      Peter James

Comment

Pay rolls are extremely large forms. They were designed to accommodate an entire company. A pay roll (which is actually a muster and pay roll) is approximately 22 inches high by 33 inches wide. I own 1 original in my collection. Reproductions could be made, but your talking two-sided printing of very large documents. That might price most folks out of purchasing one.
        Cordially,

Bob Sullivan
        Elverson, PA

Comment

Working...
        X