Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Army Infantry Ammunition, 1841 - 1862

Authentic Community,

This is a compilation of specifications and construction of cartridges, arsenal packs, and ammunition boxes per the Ordnance Manuals printed in 1841, 1850, and 1862.

These manuals cover the Model 1816 series flintlock muskets, Common rifle, Hall's rifles and carbines, Model 1841 rifle, Model 1842 muskets and rifled muskets, Models 1855/1861/Richmond rifled muskets, musketoons, pistols, and Sharpe's carbines. Live rounds and blanks, buck and ball and Burton minie balls.

Note that foreign weapons and ammo and domestic specialized ammo, like the Williams cleaner bullet, are not included. They may be added at later dates

Please use it for your ammunition construction and storage needs.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Eric Tipton; 04-07-2020, 08:16 PM.
    Will Thoms

Re: US Army Infantry Ammunition, 1841 - 1862

Sir thank you for posting this article. I have not seen a more complete list of US ammunition any where else.

I did notice on page six of your article that you are looking for information on the adoption of British pattern cartridges by the confederates. I stumbled upon this website a few days ago and thought that it might help.

Making authentic Civil War-era paper cartridge replicas, since 2008!

I also followed a link from the site above and found a page talking about confederate usage of Enfield pattern cartridges.

I don't know if this is of any help to you but figured I would offer it.

Good luck on you research.

Regards,

Karl Jacob
    Karl Jacob

Comment

Re: US Army Infantry Ammunition, 1841 - 1862

Thanks, Karl. I have been in contact with the Paper Cartridges folks about their research. The world of British ammunition is very non-uniform, unfortunately. For this, I would rely on the research done by the Paper Cartridges folks. However, I was exposed to some more Confederate documentation, which I think will help nail down where they stood.
      Will Thoms

Comment

Working...
      X