Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: buy or make ????

Hallo!

Monsieur William... first let me say your screen name always brings a smile to my face... McWee-wee.

So nothing gets lost in the translation... When I referred to "lasses" it was in the Civil War era historical context of the Federal arsenal/depot system of having arsenal produced kits that were distributed to and collected from wives and daughters. And not any reference that the French as "lasses..."
    C'est vrai, mon ami!
    ;) :) :)

Bon Soir...

Curt
    Whose friend, the French teacher, is just back from a month in France and Paris Mess
    Curt Schmidt
    In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
    -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
    -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
    -Vastly Ignorant
    -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

It is Mc yes yes, not Mc wee wee...:tounge_sm:D
      I know, I know, for the "lasses" :) :) :)

"Whose friend, the French teacher, is just back from a month in France and Paris Mess"
      For the work? Poor friend :( ;)
      William Miconnet
      French Mess
      AES
      BGR & IPW Survivor
      Never ever give up!
      In memory of Steve Boulton, live the little story, lost in the history...
      I believe!

Comment

Originally posted by daz View Post
        How many of you out there, would,be willing to hand sew your own uniform,from a commercially available kit,like the ones Wambaugh,White produce??.Or,would you buy an "off the peg" uniform?for easiness.
        I'm just curious,as I'm contemplating doing the former as a winter project

Daz
        118th Pa(UK)
        Daz,

I have been sewing most of my own uniform pieces since about 2000, and I enjoy it quite a bit. If you can do a good straight stitch, back stitch, overcast stitch, and buttonhole stitch, I would go for it.

Also, as I moderator, I must remind you to sign your first and last name to each post.

Enjoy!
        John Wickett
        Former Carpetbagger
        Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

Hallo!

Monsieur William...

Mais oui... It was worse than work. She was in France leading a tour of American high school French students.
          ;) :)

Curt
          Curt Schmidt
          In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
          -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
          -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
          -Vastly Ignorant
          -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

Sir Curt ;)

The next time when she comes, you come with, my wife goes to make the great turn of shops, Chanel, Galleries Lafayette, Dior, Samaritaine, Beaumarché, Zara, Sephora, etc. Etc. Etc.................. The list is too long :) :) :)
            And we the turn of museum, Invalide, Musée de la Marine, Pigalle, Moulin rouge... Non, non, non, pas Pigalle et Moulin rouge:cry_smile:confused_It's bad, bad, bad:tounge_sm William, Bad boy :tounge_sm
            Last edited by Mcouioui; 07-21-2008, 01:45 PM.
            William Miconnet
            French Mess
            AES
            BGR & IPW Survivor
            Never ever give up!
            In memory of Steve Boulton, live the little story, lost in the history...
            I believe!

Comment

My mother has also pretty much sewn her whole life. I am just now starting to get descent at sewing and am currently finishing up all of the visible hand stitching on the outside of a Weller Coat I made myself. It is kind of relaxing sitting on my bed, watching the History Channel and sewing a little bit every night before I go to bed. I would like to start work on a few other things, but finding material at a good price is sometimes difficult. You luck out and get a bargain every now and then though. I do want to do a W&W (SA) coat and traousers when I get a little bit of extra cash though.
              Joshua Long

Comment

Working...
              X