Parker Hale Serial Number location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parker Hale 1861 ramrod

Anyone with a PH 1861 2 band, can you tell me what the distance is on your 2 band from the face of the muzzle to the face of the ramrod.
    I have a 3 band and the ramrod cup is behind the muzzle, but I see photos of the 1861 2 band PH and the ramrod extends forward of the muzzle.
    I just bought a unfired, like new 1861 PH 2 band but the owner lost the ramrod when moving home.
    I have a spare ramrod for a 3 band Pedersoli I can cut down if I know the dimension. Or if anyone knows where I can get a original 1861 PH ramrod.

Jerry

Comment

Re: Parker Hale Serial Number location

Can anyone tell me what the overall length of a Parker Hale 1861 2 band Musketoon ramrod is?
      I just bought a 1861 which is missing a ramrod.
      Gerald Griffiths

Comment

Re: Parker Hale 1861 ramrod

Originally posted by somis81 View Post
        Anyone with a PH 1861 2 band, can you tell me what the distance is on your 2 band from the face of the muzzle to the face of the ramrod.
        I have a 3 band and the ramrod cup is behind the muzzle, but I see photos of the 1861 2 band PH and the ramrod extends forward of the muzzle.
        I just bought a unfired, like new 1861 PH 2 band but the owner lost the ramrod when moving home.
        I have a spare ramrod for a 3 band Pedersoli I can cut down if I know the dimension. Or if anyone knows where I can get a original 1861 PH ramrod.

Jerry
        The ramrod stop which the Italians thoughtfully leave out (they inlet the place for it but don't put it in) is what causes this. A one piece ramrod would be preferable to getting the two piece PH replacement if you could even find one anymore. A rammer can be easily cut to size and re-threaded at the base.
        Craig L Barry
        Editor, The Watchdog, a non-profit 501[c]3
        Co-author (with David Burt) Suppliers to the Confederacy
        Author, The Civil War Musket: A Handbook for Historical Accuracy
        Member, Company of Military Historians

Comment

Working...
        X