Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Makin' Muskets: How to get started?

John,

Just a suggestion on my part... go to Lodgewood MFG. They are one of the major distributors of the parts Rich Cross makes.
    These are not cheap!
    However, they cost less than the disassociated original parts stripped from originals.
    Some of these disassociated original parts "may" have had issues, when they were stripped. that will not be known until someone like yourself try's to reassemble them in another firearm.
    Rich Cross parts are as new from the Armory and 100% interchangeable with the originals.
    You can use repro items like mainsprings and sear spring. These do require fitting, but a repro mainspring is $10.00 compared to a Cross made spring at $100.00 or an original that may not be had at any price. This can vary greatly with the model/type firearm, but it gives you some idea on how you can save yourself some money and possible heart brake if common parts are broken while playing Army.

Aside from these suggestions... I feel you made a good choice.

I know I promised the Moderating Staff I would never breech this subject again! So I have to apologize, neither Lodgewood, nor Rich Cross are "Approved Vendors" on this forum!
    But, then "NO" weapons/arms makers or manufactures are.
    I can't but wonder why that is?
    Last edited by Blair; 08-04-2010, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Re: Makin' Muskets: How to get started?

Hallo!

"But, then "NO" weapons/arms makers or manufactures are. I can't but wonder why that is?"

One would have to ask them, as they are not excluded from being a AC AV.

One common thread is that some vendors do not want to support the AC, while others feel that the AV cost is not recouped by the amount of actual business or orders they get from the AC membership to make it worth their while.

(Were I to still be a maker/builder,I personally would not be an AC AV because I do not believe that the AC membership in particular and the CW Community in general
      do not and have not historically or culturally supported the "custom-built" option for authentic firearms when the standard of de-farbed Italian import is near-univesrally "good enough.")

Others' mileage will vary...

Curt
      Curt Schmidt
      In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
      -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
      -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
      -Vastly Ignorant
      -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

Working...
      X