Streamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Streamer

The lady I talked to at the TX archives told me there was an orange border. The flag was made of cotton and not wool bunting too. They were very helpful when I called. It would be interesting to see if someone else called if they got the same info I did.
    Paul Wolbeck, Captain
    33rd AL Inf

Pvt. Ezra Walker
    36th OH, Co G Salem Light Guard

Comment

Art,

Curt's info was right on the money (as is often the case). Here's a link with info on the 2nd flag carried by the 5th Tex (the one we're talking about). The first was made in Richmond in '61 and was sort of a cross between the Lone Star and the 1st National. I have info on that if you're interested as well. The article is a nice history of the 2nd flag, the legends behind it and also on John Calhoun Cox, Color Sgt.

How to Make a Website with free web hosting services & cheap web hosting for ecommerce & small business hosting. Create & Make a Free Website with Affordable web hosting provider free website promotion tools & web stats. Free Website Builder, Templates, & Best Free Web Hosting. How to Create a Website

Greg Van Wey
      current Captain, 5th Tex. Co. A
      Medich Battalion
      [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Greg Van Wey
      5th Texas Co. A
      Medich Battalion[/FONT]

Comment

Greg,

Thanks much for the info you provided! It was a good read. I'm in the works of making the flag right now. I have to embroider the cravat, I better get crackin! Will post a pix when compleat.

Thanks everyone for there help on this project!
        Art Stone
        13th N.J.V.
        Co."K"
        " Rally, Boys Rally"
        Last order from Cpt. H.C. Irish at Antietam

Comment

Working...
        X