Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions for sack coats, trousers and leathers.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for sack coats, trousers and leathers.

I found a reenactment group (union) that I liked and recently was able to join them. The problem is that they all have so many conflicting opinions on where and what I should buy and I'm beginning to get a bit lost so I thought I would ask here as well and see what you guys think.

I need a well researched sack coat made of the proper materials and dyes for preferably 200$ or less.

A decent Forage cap of the same standard as above suitable for 1862 and 1863 impressions. Any price range as they don't get too terribly expensive.

A decent set of leathers, I unfortunately can not afford Duvall's or so any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I do not want Indian or Pakistani junk. Less than 300$ would be nice.

A pair of well researched trousers made of the proper materials for 200$ or less.

It is very important to me that I do our ancestors justice. I would be very grateful for the opinions of the members of this board as you all strive so hard to get it right.
    Last edited by Skutatos; 08-13-2010, 02:07 PM.
    Nathan Bruff

[email]Nbruff@gmail.com[/email]

Re: Suggestions for sack coats, trousers and leathers.

I would suggest a Joe blunt Sack coat. His reproduction of a commercial unlined sack coat has extensive hand stiching throughout, and is around $165 if I remember correctly, you can contact Joe through the Carter and Jasper website. Try Missouri Boot and Shoe for leathers, they are on the approved vendor page. I also sent you a PM.
    Last edited by Brandon; 08-13-2010, 02:16 PM.
    -Brandon Hand
    48th NY Co. F
    Unit Clerk/Newsletter Editor

Comment

Re: Suggestions for sack coats, trousers and leathers.

Helpful and encouraging PM sent. As for this thread, I'm closing it because it screams "who makes the best" and will be filled with a plethora of well meaning suggestions which will only muddle up the works.
      Silas Tackitt,
      one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

Working...
      X