This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caring for equipment

i hope this one passes the moderator inspection.
    i am new to reenacting. how can i care for the uniform and equipment. i am short of funds and can't afford to buy a new set of gear every three years. does anyone have secrets they would like to share with a kid who cant afford to lose equipment due to use. are thare any good ways to keep wool and leather nice. how can i keep a hat from falling apart. all this is assuming i buy good quality gear from wambaugh or someplace like that.:)

caleb courtney
    "my first love was the steam locomotive, but i married history"
    Last edited by cjc; 01-28-2012, 06:16 PM.
    Caleb Courtney
    30th Indiana Co. F
    "judge not by what people say, but how they say it, and what they mean by what it."

Re: caring for equipment

My biggest reason for replacing kit was because I was lead down the wrong path as a kid. I started out dismounted cav in the early 90's then went "campaigner" about a year later. I would say cry only once and buy the best stuff you can the 1st time around and take care of it. I still have some of the things I bought in the early 90's and have had HARD campaign use. I would say keep your stuff clean and don't abuse it just like a soldier would.
    Robert Johnson

"Them fellers out thar you ar goin up against, ain't none of the blue-bellied, white-livered Yanks and sassidge-eatin'forrin' hirelin's you have in Virginny that run atthe snap of a cap - they're Western fellers, an' they'll mighty quick give you a bellyful o' fightin."

In memory of: William Garry Co.H 5th USCC KIA 10/2/64 Saltville VA.

Comment

Hallo!

Since you started your post with a comment about "moderator inspection..."

As a number of moderators on two boards have suggested to you Herr Caleb, capitalization is desired and "texting" standards or lack of standards discouraged.

You can choose to capitalize letters by holding down the shift key(s) on your keyboard. And there is a key with a "?" character on it that goes at the end of your sentences that are questions.

Curt
      Curt Schmidt
      In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

-Hard and sharp as flint...secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.
      -Haplogroup R1b M343 (Subclade R1b1a2 M269)
      -Pointless Folksy Wisdom Mess, Oblio Lodge #1
      -Vastly Ignorant
      -Often incorrect, technically, historically, factually.

Comment

Trolls and trollish behavior are not tolerated here. This thread is closed.
        Silas Tackitt,
        one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

Working...
        X