A drill manual with questions for the reader on every page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A drill manual with questions for the reader on every page

I was going through manuals because I needed a sleeping aid. Okay, not really. But I was going through manuals and ran across this one : http://books.google.com/books?id=1mg...page&q&f=false At first blush, it's just like any other version of the U.S. Tactics as they appeared by 1863, but at the bottom of every page there are questions which challenge the reader to remember what he has just read. This is on every page.

I was hoping for some commentary, but the questions caused my eyes to go back to the text to answer the questions. Even when I knew the answers. The questions at the bottom are a concept different than found in other manuals and worth examining. Thought I'd pass it on.
    Silas Tackitt,
    one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Re: A drill manual with questions for the reader on every page

Silas,

Thank you for sharing this. I am sending this link to all of my men. It becomes so easy to read this year after year and think you know it but the questions reallly help to get me thinking about what I just read and better understand it as I try to say the answer.
    Jim Busby
    Walton Guards
    Co D 1st FL Inf Reg
    Co D 7th VT Inf Reg
    Co C 3rd US Inf
    www.waltonguards.org

Comment

Re: A drill manual with questions for the reader on every page

Thanks Silas. As a somewhat new recruit, this is something that will help me keep it in my head. Aside from actual drill of course. Nothing can substitute drill.
      Robert Pardi
      71st PVI, Co. K

Comment

Working...
      X