Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member introduction

Hello all,

My name is Brent and Im from Mississippi. Im 28 years old and I started reenacting about a year and a half ago. I managed to find my way here in trying to be as authentic as I possibly can. Im here to learn so I wont be posting much, just lurking around reading and absorbing information to improve my impression. If I can contribute I will, and want to thank everyone ahead of time for their assistance and guidance. I have a lot to learn so its off to the forums to read. Thank you for your time and consideration.
    Brent Mitchell

Private
    K Co., 30th Mississippi Infantry Regt./ D Co., CSMC Mississippi River Detachment
    A Co., 26th Illinois Vol. Infantry Regt., USA
    Jeff Davis Independent BN

Re: New member introduction

Welcome Brent. There is indeed a great amount of knowledge locked away among the threads here. Use of the search function is highly encouraged to look for all sorts of answers to questions. But don't feel shy about posting to clarify or cover something not understood or missing from what you may read here.
    Michael Comer
    one of the moderator guys

Comment

Welcome to The Authentic Campaigner Brent! You have the right approach. There is a lot to absorb here. Congratulations on your quest. I hope you find that your time here helps you along the way. It did for me and many, many others. Good luck and thanks for being a part of the future here.
      ERIC TIPTON
      Former AC Owner

Comment

Welcome Brent. You made the best choice for learning and seeking what is authentic.

Dennis W. Duerbeck
        Dennis W. Duerbeck

Comment

Started off the same way. This place was invaluable when I started to improve my impression. I use the search field often and is a first step for the random questions I am often pondering.

The top of the Camp of Instruction folder is a wealth of info in the form of articles. Many great reads for any interest in the hobby.
          Last edited by Jeremy Bevard; 02-03-2014, 09:19 PM. Reason: add more
          Respectfully,

Jeremy Bevard
          Civil War Digital Digest
          Sally Port Mess

Comment

Welcome aboard Brent!
            Ken Cornett
            MESS NO.1
            Founding Member
            OHIO
            Mason Lodge #678, PM
            Need Rules?

Comment

Brent,
              To reiterate, the search function is great tool on this forum. I highly encourage you to always try and search for your answer before asking the question. Chances are it has already been asked. Don’t get discouraged when searching because it may take awhile or a combination of words to produce your results. If after you have exhausted your search attempts, or do not quite understand and need further information then fire away. So with that being said, welcome to the Authentic Campaigner and good luck in your quest for knowledge!
              Tyler Underwood
              Pawleys Island #409 AFM
              Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

You are definitely on the right path to enjoying this hobby to the fullest by doing the research that will enable you to do what you want as correctly as practicable. Gather information and learn before you buy and you will come out ahead. This site has a wealth of good quality information to guide you as you develop your individual portrayal. Congratulations on finding this site and best wishes for your enjoyment of this wonderful hobby. And, don't be afraid to ask questions - that's one reason we are here!

Your most obedient servant,
                Tom Williams
                AAG - The Liberty Hall Volunteers
                4th Virginia Infantry, Co. I
                Indianapolsi
                Tom Williams

Comment

Welcome to the AC!
                  [B][FONT=Courier New]~Mia Marie[/FONT][/B]
                  Historical Interpreter

Comment

Welcome to AC … Brent

Mr. Raab, rule number one here on the AC is to sign your full name (first and last) to all posts. You can also adjust your settings so your signature will be automatically added to all posts. This will help prevent further infractions. Thank you for your cooperation.

-Tyler Underwood
                    Last edited by Tyler Underwood; 02-17-2014, 09:19 AM.
                    Doug Raab

Comment

Welcome to AC ..Brent
                      Doug Raab

Comment

Working...
                      X