Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shelter Half grommet repair

Gents,
    I need a helping hand. I've attempted a search and cannot find what I need. I had a couple grommets on my shelter half blow out. The knot on the rope pulls right through the hole. What is the best way to repair grommet holes?

Justin Connor
    Justin Connor

Re: Shelter Half grommet repair

Hi Justin, I have no documentation of a shelter half being repaired, but here is what I would try if someone else doesn't reply with first hand info.

Try taking two thickness of duck material and patch it overtop of the existing reinforcement. Then re cut the grommet holes, sew a running stitch around the edge and then sew a buttonhole stitch overtop of the running stich like I did in the picture below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	551890_10152111569150459_411723638_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	201.9 KB
ID:	224501

I hope this helps!
    Tyler Underwood
    Pawleys Island #409 AFM
    Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

Re: Shelter Half grommet repair

That hole will need repairing. An alternative is to get a longer piece of rope and make a loop which passes through the two holes. This is more of a temporary field fix as that one hole is going to get bigger. It needs repair under the "stitch in time saves nine" rule.
      Silas Tackitt,
      one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

Working...
      X