Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Take—ARMS! The Progression of Methods for Resuming Arms from Scott, Gilham, Baxter, 1861 Us Tactics, Casey &c.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take—ARMS! The Progression of Methods for Resuming Arms from Scott, Gilham, Baxter, 1861 Us Tactics, Casey &c.

The methods of taking or resuming arms under Scott / Gilham / Baxter / Casey are generally the same. While there are some differences, most are differences without distinction. However, there are some distinctions worth noting. The attached article in pdf format discusses them.

Also discussed are : where does the butt for the leaner go ; does the front-rank two reach between the stacks or around ; does the rear-rank two withdraw his bayonet to unlock shanks ; is Baxter's method consistent with other manuals or a variation ; and other topics.

The article has many illustrations which show feet and weapon placement for the two ranks system as well as the one and three rank systems.
    Attached Files
    Silas Tackitt,
    one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Thank you for taking the time to create this and for posting.
    Matt Nowlin
    1st Sgt., 12th Louisiana Infantry, Co. M
    Trans-Mississippi Volunteer Infantry
    "It sucks not to be us"
    Pvt., Trans-Miss Hellcats

Comment

As I said to you at Rosecrans' Pursuit, thank you for making these PDFs. They are a very valuable resource, and bring visual understanding to many aspects of drill. I'm adding this to my collection of your documents.

Mike Barnes

Blanket Collector (Hoarder)
      44th VA / 25th OH
      Mike Barnes

Blanket Collector (Hoarder)
      44th VA / 25th OH

Comment

Working...
      X