Units in Washington State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Units in Washington State

Are there any Federal units in Washington State? I'm stationed at JBLM and live in Eatonville. Thanks in advance.

Eric Mohney
    Eric Mohney

Re: Units in Washington State

The Pacific Nor'west is overwhelmingly mainstream, but there is one group in the region which is authenticity minded. It's called THEM. We have a growing alternative calendar. Send me a PM if interested or go online to find the Washington Civil War Association if interested in mainstream.
    Silas Tackitt,
    one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

Hi Eric,

I am also One of THEM. We are a new and active group formed in the PNW to do the authentic/progressive side of the hobby. THEM is a coalition of several smaller messes and groups, as well as unaffiliated individuals, who help augment the mainstream events and put on our own EBUFU style scenarios. Many of THEM also have membership in either the Northwest Civil War Council or the WCWA. We have a pretty full schedule this year, starting with the Pickett's Mill event next week. PM me or Silas for more info. We have a secret facebook page as our home base.

Dan Limb
      Dan Limb
      One of THEM!

"In the moment of action, remember the value of silence and order" -- Phormio of Athens

"Your first duty is to get a decent hat. You cannot hope to do more. You should never wish to do less"

Direct Descendent of
      James M. Hergesheimer, Co. A. 20th Iowa Infantry

Capt. James G. Campbell, Co. F., 19th Illinois Infantry. Wounded at Missionary Ridge

Comment

I'm one of THEM as well. What Silas said.
        Mike Brase
        Proprietor
        M.B. Young and Co.
        One of THEM!
        Member Company of Military Historians

Comment

I am a member of THEM! and a founding member of the "Lost Towney" Mess out of Historic Fort Steilacoom. We portray Co. A, 4th United States Infantry circa 1853-1864 and Co. K, 1st Washington Territorial Volunteers circa 1862-65. THEM! is a fine group of gentlemen interested in portraying the Civil War as it played out in the Pacific Northwest as well as back East. Mark, Dan, and Mike are among our foremost personnel and can get you acquainted in a most rapid manner. Welcome to the Washington Territory, ahem, State!

John McPherson
          John McPherson
          Member, "The Lost Towney" Mess
          Co. A, Fourth U.S. Inf'y & Co. K, 1st Washington Territory Vols.
          Fort Steilacoom, Washington Territory

Comment

Gentlemen,
            Thank you for your quick responses. I'm not interested in going mainstream. I haven't been able to do much in the last 10 years. My equipment is somewhat dated, but I would very much like to use it again. I currently live in Eatonville (20 miles south of Puyallup). If there is any one particular POC you would like me to contact, please let me know. Thanks again.
            Eric Mohney
            Eric Mohney

Comment

All,
              Ran into some of THEM at Pickett's Mill a week back. Been trying to make contact in electrons, but the PM function is kicking my butt (doesn't show sent messages). In the process of moving from FL to Whibdey Island, and would like to fall in with a progressive minded crowd.
              All the Best,

[B]Brian Graves[/B]
              Member, "The Lost Towney" Mess
              Co. A, Fourth U.S. Inf'y & Co. K, 1st Washington Territory Vols.
              Fort Steilacoom, Washington Territory
              One of THEM!

Comment

Working...
              X