New Contact info for the Independent Rifles, my resignation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Contact info for the Independent Rifles, my resignation

On January 31, 2016 my time as the Captain of the Independent Rifles will be coming to a close. After a tumultuous two years in my personal life the ability to run this organization to the ability that it deserves just no longer exists. When Justin Morris and I founded the group in 2004 I never imagined that it would play such a lengthy part of my life, help fulfill emotional holes nor allow me to serve in the capacity in which I did since 2006 upon Justin's resignation as Captain. Upon the death of my Father my interest in the hobby greatly decreased and the IR deserves better, more hands on leadership than I can currently offer. My wife, who has managed the civilian aspect of our events, and I welcomed our first child into the world in October and weekends away don't seem like a regular option to me when I look at my daughter.

Brian DesRochers will also be stepping down from his role as Orderly as we both transition into focusing on the logistics of events solely rather than attempting to command and host events. Any contact about Blakely can still be sent to Brian, if you are interested in contacting someone in regards to raising a company for any effort, that message needs to be directed to the new Captain, Jason Thibodeaux or his new Orderly Michael Mumaugh.

I'm honoring my commitments for our Blakely event in 2016 as well as Blakely in 2017 but plan to gear down my involvement in the hobby dramatically. I want to thank everyone that has shown confidence in the groups ability to host events, and to the people that have followed me into the field over the last decade, more than likely out of curiosity alone.

Thanks for the memories.
    Patrick Landrum
    Independent Rifles

Re: New Contact info for the Independent Rifles, my resignation

God bless, Brother Pat. Been there and know what you mean.
    Johnny Lloyd
    John "Johnny" Lloyd
    Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
    SCAR
    Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
    Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
    Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
    Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Pat, all the best to you and Liz and your little one. Family changes many things. You certainly have your priorities in order. You have made a huge contribution to the authentic hobby over the years and I hope your Fort Blakely events go very well. Godspeed.
      ERIC TIPTON
      Former AC Owner

Comment

Thanks ET and JLo
        Patrick Landrum
        Independent Rifles

Comment

Understandable Patrick. I took a bit of a hiatus from the hobby some years ago because of family and career obligations. Was glad to come back though. I look forward to serving with you at Blakely in a few months.
          Michael Comer
          one of the moderator guys

Comment

You are making a good decision Patrick. I stepped back when my dad passed in 2011 and my boys were still in school. Now they are grown and I have time to play more. With a little one though, family is first. Priorities develop themselves. I certainly hope we see you in the field from time to time. Take care of Liz and the little girl Brother.
            Ken Cornett
            MESS NO.1
            Founding Member
            OHIO
            Mason Lodge #678, PM
            Need Rules?

Comment

Working...
            X