This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reramming the charge.

While this may not fit the parameters of this board, it is artillery and important information to those who serve the king of the battlefield.
    The subject of reramming the charge after a misfire came up at Cedar Creek this year. It turns out that black powder has a reaction time of 1/750 of a second. You can't out think it, or out run it, so just don't do it.
    After fire has been introduced into the breech just go for the Co2 extinguisher, or the syringe of water if you don't have one.
    Regards,
    Jeffrey Cohen
    Jeffrey Cohen

Re: Reramming the charge.

After an incident a few years ago the NPS has even stepped away from CO 2, better to just water it down than risk anything in a situation like that.
    Lee White
    Researcher and Historian
    "Delenda Est Carthago"
    "My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings, Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

http://bullyforbragg.blogspot.com/

Comment

What unit had the misfire at Cedar Creek? I was there with Striblings Battery on the CSA side of things. Our only issue was not having powder showing on the prick. Our number 3 felt the bag break but didnt have any powder showing. After a quick consultation with our gunner and the safety officer we primed it and she fired just fine. Curious as to who had the misfire and is there any idea what caused it?

Sam Hardy, Pvt
      Striblings Battery

Comment

Please take this discussion to a more appropriate forum where posts about Cedar Creek are more accepted than here.
        Silas Tackitt,
        one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

Working...
        X