Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil War Powder Flasks

Hello,
    I am having some trouble finding information on civil war powder flasks that were tubular. Did they have cylindrical powder flasks during the civil war? I see them used a lot in reenacting, but I can't seem to find anything on them.
    Thanks,
    Cpl. Campbell
    Keegan Gregory Campbell

Re: Civil War Powder Flasks

You see a lot of these in reenacting, too, but you'll be hard pressed to find anything about them. Just because you see something commonly done or used at reenactments doesn't mean it is period correct.

Click image for larger version

Name:	civil_2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	224711
    Silas Tackitt,
    one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

Originally posted by Keegan Gregory Campbell View Post
      Hello,
      I am having some trouble finding information on civil war powder flasks that were tubular. Did they have cylindrical powder flasks during the civil war? I see them used a lot in reenacting, but I can't seem to find anything on them.
      Thanks,
      Cpl. Campbell
      Why would you even have a powder flask? Very few were used in the Civil War, and probably none after the first year. Everyone on both sides was issued with manufactured cartridges.

Comment

All of the period flasks I have seen were tear drop shaped. These would come with a cased revolver containing everything needed to fire the weapon including a bullet mold.
        Steven Johnson

Comment

Working...
        X