This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Texas Cavalry

When I post information concerning Terry's Texas Rangers aka 8th Texas Cavalry, it is from original sources.
    Joey Hernandez Co. I 8th Texas Cavalry

38 Confederate Ancestors and Counting!

Comment

Originally posted by JLH View Post
      When I post information concerning Terry's Texas Rangers aka 8th Texas Cavalry, it is from original sources.
      Joey, can you please cite your sources please? I along with many others in this forum would love to read into this some more.
      Tyler Underwood
      Pawleys Island #409 AFM
      Governor Guards, WIG

Click here for the AC rules.

The search function located in the upper right corner of the screen is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler Underwood View Post
        Joey, can you please cite your sources please? I along with many others in this forum would love to read into this some more.
        Texans in the Confederate Cavalry by Anne J. Bailey
        Terry Texas Ranger Trilogy (letters of JKP Blackburn, LB Giles and ES Dodd)
        Confederate Cavalry West of the River by Stephen B. Oates
        Southwestern Historical Quarterly Vol. XCI No. 2 October 1997 letters of John Wesley Rabb
        Why Texans Fought in the Civil War by Charles David Grear
        War of The Rebellion, various entries
        Confederate Veteran, old issues are in PDF form.
        Other Books and Letters are with the rest of my research at my Ranch
        Last edited by JLH; 12-14-2016, 05:40 PM.
        Joey Hernandez Co. I 8th Texas Cavalry

38 Confederate Ancestors and Counting!

Comment

"Beneath this stone I'm forced to lie..."

After alerts and discussion by moderators regarding same, this thread is closed for violating the "no farbism" rule.

Per the general rules of the forum :

I. GENERAL RULES

- 2) No Farbism - All discussion must strive toward authenticity. This is not the forum for status quo reenacting or status quo thinking. Discuss the proper period methods, material culture and the documented history. Discussion which stray from this principle will be moderated.
          Link : http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/...ew_faq_item1nu

Also found on the same page is a definition of "farbisim."

What Do You Mean by "No Farbism?"

One of the original two rules (in addition to sign your full name with every post) was "No Farbism." At the time of the creation of the original AC forum, there was a plethora of forums and websites which appealed to mainstream reenacting. The hardcore/progressive movement was the counter-culture. We didn't want just another forum where mainstreamers argued with hardcores. We wanted a forum where hardcores could come and discuss issues of authenticity without having to dodge the jeers and invective of mainstream trouble-makers. Thus the rule - No Farbism. Admittedly it's nebulous rule but if we made rules to address every single aspect of farbism imaginable, we'd run out of space on the server. The No Farbism rule is concise and for fifteen years, it's worked pretty well.
          Link : http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/...ew_faq_item3nu

This thread espouses farbism. Once a thread slips down that slippery slope, arguments commence. A pile of books is not a source specific. A contemporary statement about an isolated incident before a unit even goes to war does not create a blanket rule applicable to all times and all places during the war. This thread has been closed before it slides any further down the slope.
          Silas Tackitt,
          one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

Working...
          X