• Show
Clear All

Re: Picketts Mill Fence Rail Drive

Snuck mine in there as well! :)
    Scott Gulley
    PPM/GHTI/WIG

Comment

I originally posted this yesterday...did the forum have a burb last night????? Sorry if it ends up being a repeat..

Quote:
      Originally Posted by trippcor
      Thanks for all the support so far but we need more. Come on lets dig deep. Get those donations in.

I hate to toot our own horns, Tripp, but our group, the CBB, has an auction running on eBay right now with 100% of the proceeds benefitting the fence rail drive. We were really hoping to have made this a raffle item right here on the AC Forum but Paul has had enough issues to worry with just keeping the website alive for us to enjoy without fretting about promoting a raffle. Come on folks....help Tripp, John and the other Georgia boys raise enough funds to build a fence for Pickett's Mill!

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][FONT=Book Antiqua]Candace Rose
      [/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Any update on the funds? WOuld like to see how close or far the goal is.
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Matt Caldwell

GHTI

WIG[/FONT]

Comment

Here's an update on the eBay auction we conducted:

The letter ended at $76.01 and the buyer (a fellow female civilian reenactor) has been instructed to remit directly to John Cleaveland. On top of that, she has graciously suggested that the letter either be donated to a museum or set aside for another fundraising purpose. A big thank you to those that bid!
          [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][FONT=Book Antiqua]Candace Rose
          [/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Candace,
            That is great. We really appreciate your efforts and the genorosity of this kind lady. John should be posting an update in the near future. He has been under the weather a bit lately.
            [FONT=Times New Roman][b]Tripp Corbin[/b][/FONT]
            [URL=http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/]Western Independent Grays[/URL]
            [URL=http://www.armoryguards.org/]Armory Guards[/url]

Comment

we are about half way to our goal with 2200 dollars in the bank
              [FONT=Georgia]John Cleaveland[/FONT]

Comment

Re: Picketts Mill Fence Rail Drive update

As of this Monday we have about 2200 dollars in the account.
                Max over at the park walked the edge of the field today. All total it is 690 paces, that means it will take approximately 1800 rails to build the fence chest high ith cross and toppers on the dead margins of the field. So our goal is 9000 grand. I'd say we are doing alright. I plan on getting it in to the local papers and such so we might get some outside help ith this.

I also wanted to say about these projects, these are about doing something simple that to enhance the park that will last If we could afford to acquire land that would be great but in Ga that is out of the question unless you can raise millions. So we do what we can and if We don't get the fence done this year we can always add rails to it as we have tithe money for it in the future. Weare not going to forget these hallowed places just cause there is notan event going to be there. Thank you each deeply who are helping put the fence up.

john

Comment

John - I am also attempting to get in touch with some businesses in Atlanta with some good will to pass around - including Coca Cola. These companies all have "strategic giving" programs and this is a number below their radar, but maybe Jim Campi can help as well. How about a matching grant deal with a Civil War Roundtable in Georgia? The Austin TX roundtable is doing that with Mansfield. Does Mike Ventura have any biz contacts that could help?

Meanwhile, sold a few things this week to help - here's a few more rails worth via paypal.

John - just spoke with Jim Campi - he is impressed that we are improving a site on the list - suggest you give him a call at CWPT when able. He is very busy so be patient. 202 367-1861.
                  Last edited by DougCooper; 02-26-2004, 11:06 PM. Reason: Updated info
                  Soli Deo Gloria
                  Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

I just want to say a hardy thank you to John Duffer and the MOOCOWS. As many of y'all may know their Land Between the Lakes Event also was a chance to raise money for the Pickett's Mill Fence Rail Drive. As of today they have sent donations totaling $415.00 and John says there may be more.

I know John Cleaveland said we were not going to post donation amounts but I thought this deserved recoqnition. Way to go MOOCOWS!!!!!!! :D

Comment

John -

It was my distinct pleasure to today send you a check to go towards the Pickett's Mill Fence Rail Drive, on behalf of two groups of people (I just coordinated the final collecting and writing one check to hopefully make life easier for all you busy folks!). They were:

- Soldiers from the 3rd Infantry Division on active duty at Fort Stewart, GA (one of my unit's members is with the 3rd ID and collected money)

- Georgia Volunteer Reenactor's Alliance (GVRA) - infantry, cavalry, artillery and civilian reenactors

I have more money still to come your way from neighbors and friends at my church. I'm holding it for a few more days as I think there's more still to come in.

Thanks for all your hard work. We were glad to be able to be a part of this wonderful effort.

Kind regards,

Paul Jerram
                      53rd Georgia Volunteer Infantry
                      GVRA

Comment

I just received a $500.00 donation from Allen Precision Equipment. They sell land surveying and construction equipment. APE is a great company that has always been active in the community. If you happen to be in the market for this type of equipment give them a call and also let them know you appreciate their support of our efforts.

P.S. Moderators I hope this does not violate the rules just wanted to acknowledge a Company that sees more than just the bottom line.

Comment

The deadline to make a donation to the fence rail drive is fast approaching. Anyone that wants to make a donation needs to do so soon. Remember you can make a donation using a credit card via paypal.

May 8th is the day we build the fence.

Comment

Almost there....

We Have 1200 rails being shipped this week to be unloaded saterday.
                            I Plan on donating 100 more myself, the truck will hold 300 more rails If anybody wants to help top off the load let me know by wednesday.
                            jcleaveland@earthlink.net

thanks to all the people who have lent their support to our efforts.
                            john

POB 772
                            Farmington, GA

Comment

The fence is up :) And looks great! 1,300 rails arrived from South Carolina at 8 am Saturday. By 5 pm the fence was in place. We had enough for about half of both fields. The areas being used in the battle are covered. Thanks to Coley, his brother Wes, Guy Musgrove, Kyle Russell, Mike Moses, and the site staff for all of the hard work. And a big thank you to all of you who donated money and solicited donations to this effort. Your hard work has paid off in spades. One word of caution, however: anyone knocking down rails on the 29th has to come back to the next work day to help put them back up! :wink_smil Just kidding...well sort of.
                              Oh yea. The corn is about a foot high and with all the rain we've been having it should grow another foot of so in the next week and a half. See you in the field (pun intended),
                              Chuck Winchester, Manager
                              Pickett's Mill Battelfield

Comment

Working...
                              X