• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• damnyankee14th
    replied
    Re: Looking to put on an event

Originally posted by riverratmess
    Anyone interested in putting on an authentic event in New England? Or of any authentic events in the New England area? These farby events are making me frusterated in reenacting up here.

Much thanks.
    My Unit, and a few others in New England would LOVE to have a nice FARB FREE event that is both progressive and has a drive of less than 5 hours...
    Having had put on an event in the past, let me warn you, It is a big undertaking, Land, Insurance, ego's, Rations.... having said that I would be glad to help out with this.... I lve in Southern CT.

Shawn Callahan

Leave a comment:

• billwatson
    replied

Quite a few Yankee New Englanders travel quite a distance to participate in more historically oriented events events, including living histories at Antietam and Gettysburg, the Recons, and Burkittsville. It's entirely possible you could have enough critical mass for a 100-participant Yankee living history at some somewhat central location up there, maybe western Massachusetts?

None of the Yankees I've met complained about the lack of beer at any of the mentioned events. :-) Maybe it's just a question of standing up, taking a chance and making a difference? Those who don't act from fear of failure will never know success, etc. I'm full of platitudes today. :-)

Leave a comment:

• Nighthawk
    replied

Matt~
    As I also reside in the New England area, I can tell you that there are no authentic events up here. You just have to "bite the bullet" and travel. Several years ago myself and a pard tried to develop an interest in authentic events among the reenactors in the area. They took a vote as to what was important to them at events, and the results were extremely disappointing. Their first priority was free beer, followed by a meal, ice, straw, and port-a-johns. :angry_smi Unfortuantely authenticity, historical accuracy, and safety weren't even mentioned. Email me off the board though, there are some authentic alternatives up here.

Leave a comment:

• riverratmess
    started a topic Looking to put on an event

Looking to put on an event

Anyone interested in putting on an authentic event in New England? Or of any authentic events in the New England area? These farby events are making me frusterated in reenacting up here.

Much thanks.
Working...
X