Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New England opportunities

Matt, et al,

As has already been noted there isn't much in the way of "high quality" events in New England. There are however loads of great sites (I know of an outstanding one in VT, and a real good one in MA) and a seemingly growing list of campaigners up here. Let's follow Tripp's advice and get something going!

On a realted note there is a brewing "campaigner adjunct" opportunity coming up. The Borderland event (July 22-24) in Easton, MA is a solidly mainstream event, but it is held on a great piece of property. Some of my pards are getting together at the event to do stuff like picket duty, patrols etc. Again, it will be part of a "streamer" event but it will be a chance to do some period stuff with a good group of local like-minded guys without driving 5-plus hours. If you want more info feel free to email me at: firstmasscav@att.net

Take care,
    Tom Craig
    Columbia Rifles
    Tom Craig

Comment

Re: Looking to put on an event

I've personally never been to New England. Free beer? Even at a farb event! You guys should put your heads together and put one on. Maybe just maybe you can turn some of them! Bully, Cpl Dan Morgan 10thVA(IVR)

Comment

The 28th Mass., Co. K is putting on its second living history at the Old Manse in Concord, MA from Jul 31 - Aug 1. The Old Manse is a historic home that overlooks the North Bridge and was home to such people as Hawthorne and Emerson. We worked very well with the museum's folks last year to provide a quality living history event and hope to do even better this year.
        For those who don't know us, we are the group that split off from the other 28th Mass. several years ago to redirect our impression. Like many other former mainstreamers, we just wanted to stretch our wings and try something new. We have fielded with both the Columbia Rifles and the Potomac Legion at numerous events including the Civil War Museum, Antietam, and the Gettysburg living history last year at the Penn. monument. Our wives (who are far more hardcore than we are) are Columbia's Daughters. I don't think that I am speaking out of turn when I say that we have developed what I consider a good reputation. We aren't perfect by any means, but we always try to raise the bar.

Webpage for Old Manse http://www.concord.org/town/manse/old_manse.html .

YMOS,
        Capt.Todd Bryda
        TBryda@28thmass.com
        www.28thmass.com
        Last edited by dusty27; 06-24-2004, 07:24 AM. Reason: No recruiting in this folder.

Comment

I know of a fellow that is looking for a mess in the New England area. Anyone that would like to work with this fellow please email me at andrewjarvi@alltel.net. It would be much appreciated being I can't do much from Ohio.

Respectfully,
          Andrew Jarvi
          Respectfully yours,
          Andrew Jarvi
          [URL="http://darbycreekboys.webs.com/index.html"]Darby Creek Boys[/URL]

Kamfet brav fur Freiheit und Recht

Comment

Working...
          X