Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Prelude to Chickamauga

Gents,

Thanks to all those that came to my aid when I planted my canteen into my upperlip and nose on Saturday. In rinsing out my mouth I discovered that I had a hole in my upper lip. That ended my weekend and a trip to the emergency room resulted in 4 stitches and a tetanus shot. I was really looking forward to this weekend and it was great until I took a nosedive in the dirt. Again, my thanks to those that helped.
    Bruce MacDonald

Comment

Bruce,
      I hope you're feeling better. When I saw you go down, my first thought was: "man, that was the greatest hit ever." My second thought was: "ah hell, he's dead..."

:)

Andrew Jerram
      Kind Regards,
      Andrew Jerram

Comment

Bruce,

It was great (as always) to have you on the ranks! And I'm sorry that you were injured.

I'm glad to hear that your injury was as moderate as it was.
        Brian Hicks
        Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

Bruce,

Glad to hear you're OK. I didn't see it but heard what happend. Take care.
          Robert Collett
          8th FL / 13th IN
          Armory Guards
          WIG

Comment

Grear time thanks to all. Thanks for the coffee on Guard duty Sat. night Matt. Thanx to all who helped make it possible. Kiev where and when are you going to post the pics?
            Jacob Hill
            Independent Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by Milliron
              ROFLMAO, is all I can say.

I had a great time. Let's do it again. It will be my last event for a while, and I couldn't be more pleased. Thanks to all involved.

Thanks Milliron!
              What a "fabled" way to die. I love it. Good job, as I was moving back your pickets were able to flank me on the left by taking the small group of three-four trees at the point closest to the goat pens. I thought we had pickets there, not 10 minutes before. That was a good clean shot from close range in my back. Poor thirsty reb ambushed to death, before he had a drink from his now full Canteen! That will be with me for a long time!
              What a Moment!
              Pvt Houston White
              Tenth Texas
              Houston White

Comment

And....Thanks Matt:
                you were Sgt "Angel" at Pickett Post 1. You lkept us awake with that brew, thanks for the instruction, and gab. Now what is the price for one of your blanket scarfs?
                How about trading one for my hand sewn neckties and cavats?

Finally, to "Lewis and Clake", if you need some scouting help. I am a sneaky ole' southern woodsman. Well, Milliron, pickets got me. Thanks for the hard scouting by Kiev and Yoda!

Houston White
                Tenth Texas
                Houston White

Comment

Working...
                X