Shaker Village AAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shaker Village AAR

I am really impressed with all! I have been trying to tie the two life styles together since being raised. I have been unsuccesful so far! I am very glad to see the aprons ar copied from originals! I would love to see some pics of them, but do not know where to trun. I would say that you are all real Craftsmen by both accounts!

I have heard of "Travelling Lodges" at rendezvous, and I was informed that many do move a charter for operations. I just have never attended a meeting in the field! I would love to share in the meetings sometime, and participate in degree work!
    Jeremy G. Richardson

Preserving History by Recreating the Past!

Comment

"I believe Bro. Craddock has one apron currently for sale...other than that he does not generally make them as a commercial venture."

Not true, that lovely apron is coming home with me after Perryville.
      Last edited by coastaltrash; 10-01-2006, 02:15 PM.
      Patrick Landrum
      Independent Rifles

Comment

Patrick, I was not aware you had taken that step. I am Quite Pleased.

Jeremy---there are those in the hobby who have acquired some of the outer markings as some sort of historical geegaw, but have not done their homework--they fail to answer to the inquiries properly extended, especially those of Sister, who served in a high office for many years in the women's organization, and whose father, at his death, was the longest serving Mason in Alabama. However one feels about such portrayals, its incumbent upon those who do them to at least do the proper background work, and not just pick up a symbol as one would a shiny button or a bit of hat brass.

We encounter members of a true Traveling Lodge, out of Wisconsin as I recall, in the context of Alabama Frontier Days (1740-1820). These men are vendors in that time period, which tends to do events stretching to two weeks and more--and thus are often on the road for months at a time. They hosted Sister's wedding reception last year, only months after her dear father's death. Always a Pleasure, and a Blessing.
        Terre Hood Biederman
        Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
        Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

I was, in fact, lucky #4 of the Degree work Bro. Craddock speaks of. The only picture I have of that Lodge is sitting on the top shelf in my room, with many of the same men pictured in it that are in the pictures on this thread.
          Patrick Landrum
          Independent Rifles

Comment

Ambrotype taken by Wendell Decker.

Brian Hicks
            Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

That is awesome, Brian! I'm sending the link to my dad who was PM of Buford 292. He's going to love the ambro. Keep up the great work guys.

Chris Henderson
              Chris R. Henderson

Big'uns Mess/Black Hat Boys
              WIG/GVB
              In Memory of Wm. Davis Couch, Phillips Legion Cav. from Hall Co. GEORGIA

It's a trick, Gen. Sherman!...there's TWO of 'em! ~Lewis Grizzard

"Learning to fish for your own information will take you a lot further than merely asking people to feed you the info you want." ~Troy Groves:D

Comment

Excellent image! I am pleased to say that I will soon begin my degree work of a Master Mason. Passed my test as a Fellowcraft at the last meeting.

Respectfully,
                Andrew Jarvi
                5th US Colored Infantry
                Lakeshore Lodge #307
                Respectfully yours,
                Andrew Jarvi
                [URL="http://darbycreekboys.webs.com/index.html"]Darby Creek Boys[/URL]

Kamfet brav fur Freiheit und Recht

Comment

Gentlemen:

Will the Widows and Orphans table be at Shaker Village again this year?

Colleen Formby
                  Wagner Chapter #111, O.E.S
                  [FONT=FranklinGothicMedium][color=darkslategray][size=1]Colleen Formby
                  [URL=www.agsas.org]AGSAS[/URL]
                  [URL]www.geocities.com/col90/civilwar.html[/URL] [/font][/color][/size][SIZE="2"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Comment

Sadly, no.

Those of us who are behind coordinating the table have other obligations that will keep us away from the event this year.
                    Brian Hicks
                    Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

That's a shame. You will certainly be missed.
                      [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Kind regards,
                      Emily Burns[/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                      X