This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Perryville AAR

Shoudn’t pens and books get ''stuffed'' somewhere besides a privates haversack?
    John-Owen Kline

Comment

Originally posted by coastaltrash
      I still don't see where using the restroom over a log qualifies as part of the authentic movement?
      Patrick,
      You have given us a classic quote that will be used for years. Congratulations! Now, if you could stuff the stuff you dumped over the log into your haversack, you would have the perfect haversack stuffer.
      Tom Yearby
      Texas Ground Hornets

"I'd rather shoot a man than a snake." Robert Stumbling Bear

Comment

Patrick,
        Thank you for pointing out that even the authentic camp with the ego squad had something wrong with it. It was what it was, everyone knew what they were getting into. And the purpose of the forum from the beging was to help others. There are other forums for the hardkewl ego squad to hang out on.
        Mitchell L Critel
        Wide Awake Groupie
        Texas Ground Hornets

Comment

Mitch,
          And this comes from someone that caused the Burger King in Mansfield, Louisiana to shut down after using their facilities? Give Pat a break. He has a great quote. I would venture to guess that if you went to the sinks over the log the results would not fit into a haversack, or even a double bag.
          Tom Yearby
          Texas Ground Hornets

"I'd rather shoot a man than a snake." Robert Stumbling Bear

Comment

I'm tired of the discussion about Perryville, a mainstream event. Some people had fun, some didn't. I'm tired of mentioning the perforated paper from Albany New York as authentic. A ten year old capable of Googling could find out that is was a post Civil War product. (Try Joseph C. Gayetty's Medicated Paper 1857 for something correct even if it was not PEC). I am truly sorry for Terre's bad experience, but take it up on the Civilian forum here if it needs further discussion. This thread has run it's course. Go discuss some upcoming hardcore events. If you're truly a well read and researched student and have executed in the field, help some of new "campaign curious" (not gay bi curious - Mods edit this out if you think it should be) mainstream folks that have wandered in here. Mainstream folks, I spent 20 years on that side. I see how it fits in life and have no stone to cast. But it doesn't fit on this forum. There is an excellent forum that caters to that side of the hobby - www.cwreenactors.com. Go there as they'd love to have you. Come here with the intent to learn and leave any attitude at the door. If you can do that, you'll find plenty of guys on this side of the hobby and on my forums that will lend a hand to you just as they did me years ago. I'm closing this thread so we can all go do something productive.

Best Wishes to All!
            Matt Woodburn
            Retired Big Bug
            WIG/GHTI
            Hiram Lodge #7, F&AM, Franklin, TN
            "There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Comment

Working...
            X