This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perryville 2006 AAR

My plans have changed and i was just wondering if there was anyone in the Layfayette, In or Indy area was looking for a carpooler? I should be through coming through that area between 1:30 and 2:30 on Friday.

Rod Miller
    Rod Miller
    [COLOR=SlateGray]Old Pards[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Cornfed Comrades[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Navy]Old Northwest Volunteers[/COLOR]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"We trust, Sir, that God is on our side." "It is more important to know that we are on God's side."
    A. Lincoln[/FONT]

150th Anniversary
    1861 Camp Jackson-Sgt. German Milita US
    1st Manassas- Chaplain T. Witherspoon, 2nd Miss. Inf. CS
    1862 Shiloh -Lt. ,6th Miss. Inf. CS
    1863 VicksburgLH-Captain Cephas Williams, 113th Co.B US
    Gettysburg BGA- Chaplain WilliamWay, 24th MI US
    1864 Charleston Riot-Judge Charles Constable "Copperhead".
    Bermuda Hundred Campaign-USCC Field Agent J.R. Miller

Re: Perryville -Carpool from Layfayette or Indy?

I will be leaving Lafayette between 4 and 5pm... a little later than you. I will be meeting up with folks in Indy and driving down.

e-mail me at jwickett@prodigy.net and I can send along my contact info.

Cheers,
    John Wickett
    Former Carpetbagger
    Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

Perryville 2006 AAR

I had fun, how about you?

Comment

Re: Perryville AAR

I had a great time as the orderly sergeant for Co A, 42nd Indiana with the AoP. My hats off to the big reb on the left of the Confederate battalion during the hand-to-hand scenario Sunday who knocked me on my can (pretty embarrasing!). The show in the village was a fantastic experience, as well as the interaction with the civilians in the village. Also, I must add kudos to the two ladies who set out on the preservation march, braving not only the distance and hills while pulling a cart of belongings, but the cavalry almost killing them multiple times. Once again the commissary of the AoP came through with good and plenty victuals, and the AoP sutler was a hit with the boys (bread in can - what will they think of next!).
        Ross L. Lamoreaux
        rlamoreaux@tampabayhistorycenter.org

"...and if profanity was included in the course of study at West Point, I am sure that the Army of the Cumberland had their share of the prize scholars in this branch." - B.F. Scribner, 38th Indiana Vol Inf

Comment

Originally posted by Ross L. Lamoreaux
          I had a great time as the orderly sergeant for Co A, 42nd Indiana with the AoP. My hats off to the big reb on the left of the Confederate battalion during the hand-to-hand scenario Sunday who knocked me on my can (pretty embarrasing!). The show in the village was a fantastic experience, as well as the interaction with the civilians in the village. Also, I must add kudos to the two ladies who set out on the preservation march, braving not only the distance and hills while pulling a cart of belongings, but the cavalry almost killing them multiple times. Once again the commissary of the AoP came through with good and plenty victuals, and the AoP sutler was a hit with the boys (bread in can - what will they think of next!).
          Ross,
          Glad you made it home with less drama than your trip to Perryville!

It was great to see you and hope you were able to get all that mud off your brogans!
          [COLOR="DarkRed"] [B][SIZE=2][FONT=Book Antiqua]Christopher J. Daley[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

The Good

- my battalion slaughtering the preservation march

- the sunday battle

-meeting a few of the boys off this forum

-no spectators in the camps

The Bad

-The horses that were killed on sunday

-not being able to find conley's group

The Ugly

-My messmates wanting to eat the horses killed on sunday

- Driving down 68

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Suppelsa
              I had fun, how about you?
              Can't stop smiling....
              [FONT=Trebuchet MS]Tod Lane[/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by KyCavMajor
                Can't stop smiling....
                yeah, I thought I'd get my smartass comment out of the way :)

are there any federals here who were engaged on the preservation march?

Comment

I still didn't get to watch a Minstrel Show.
                  Rick Bailey
                  Melodian Banjoist from Allendale and Founder of Waffle Schnapps.

Comment

I didn't hear about the horses being killed, what happened? Other than that, I had a great time.
                    Jay Cantieri
                    2nd Tennessee infantry Co.C
                    Dirty Mucket Mess
                    Blacksmith

Comment

well I know one horse was killed near the C.S. camp after breaking its leg after its artillery carriage flipped.

Other than that I was a great event. Sadly I didn't get to participate in the hand to hand and had to watch from the fence line were my battalion stalled :( .

Michael Mumaugh
                      51st Alabama INF.
                      Michael Mumaugh
                      Interpretive Ranger Mansfield SHS
                      Independent Rifles

"Fall of the Rebellion"
                      Outpost III
                      Pickett's Mill
                      Bummers

"Desertion of Alabama troops in the Civil War was a manifestation of sectionalism in the state, due largely to the prevalence of poverty"-Bessie Martin

Comment

Clyde, a wheel horse for Lilly's Battery (Kent Oestenstad's unit, based in Alabama), had a heart attack while in harness waiting to go on the field for Sunday's battle. He just dropped in the traces while standing still, his death, at least, wasn't involved in any artillery carriage flipping.

He was a mellow, quiet horse who loved to pull and was all heart. He will be missed.

Sincerely,
                        Karin Timour
                        Period Knitting -- Socks. Sleeping Hats, Balaclavas
                        Atlantic Guard Soldiers' Aid Society
                        Email: Ktimour@aol.com

Comment

Had a fun time leading my company. We were the battalion which went in mano a mano. Got captured, dragged to the rear by a private trying to make some stripes on his arms I think? Got into a great first person discussion on states rights. Then was dragged behind some bushes by a rascal from the AOP robbed of my wallet and pocket watch. The scoundrel later returned my wallet but kept the watch i guess as a reminder of the event? I wonder if Dom next year can include on his registration form "are you a thief"? Hehehehe. The worse part is cannot complain about where the man came from as he was really from a southern state to begin with.
                          Despite the rules still saw kids in camps, dogs in camp, but was nice to finally see a truck towed, and someone to put their foot down against the yahoos.
                          Great job to General's Moore and Rambo and their staff for a fun, fun time.
                          Dusty Lind
                          Running Discharge Mess
                          Texas Rifles
                          BGR Survivor

Texans did this. Texans Can Do It Again. Gen J.B. Hood

Comment

I fell in with the 37th TN for the weekend. We were the AoT provost guard. Had a great time. The 37th is a great bunch of guys. The only bad spot was about 15 guys on a canteen run for General Rambo getting extremely irate with me for not letting them back through camp Saturday morning. They didn't have passes, and orders are orders.
                            Derek Carpenter
                            Starr's Battery

"First at Bethel, farthest at Gettysburg and Chickamauga, last at Appomattox"

Comment

Bully for you by not allowing them to return. Y'all in the provost did a fantastic job. Gen. Moore was extremely pleased with how well y'all performed.

Hope you're not one of the two guys on duty who handed me their muskets. I don't think I'll be able to get away with that again. Don't blame me. I was requested by the provost marshal himself to see if I could walk away with any man's musket from his hands. I only got two before the word was quickly spread about that guy with two stars on his collar was hunting for muskets.

Wished you'd introduced yourself at the event as NC5thCav. There was a Tackett in that unit from Gettysburg through the Wilderness who died in a POW camp just before the war ended. I've noticed your login from the beginning.
                              Silas Tackitt,
                              one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

Working...
                              X