X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limited Edition Tees Available

Fellow Campaigners-

With only one week to go of open registration, we are very pleased to
    offer a special token to remember your special days as a soldier on campaign at Bank’s Grand Retreat,
    and support preservation efforts at the same time.

Jay Stevens and I have come up with a very special edition, limited release, Campaigner T-Shirt that has been approved by the BGR organizers. The front will feature the Banks' Grand Retreat logo and the back, "NO WHINERS, SHIRKERS OR WEAKLINGS!". Says it all, doesn’t it? And best of all, the profits will be donated toward the Fort DeRussy preservation drive. Check out the attached JPG to see what it will look like.

Why?

Other than raising funds for preservation? We realize this event isn't
    for everyone out there as it requires a great deal of physical ability,
    passion for the hobby/preservation and a lot of determination. As such, we are offering these as "Badges of Honor" if you will, to those who attend and
    conquer the Grand event. If you see one of these out there on a guy (or gal) before or after an event, you'll know you have a true blue hardcore campaigner on your hands, because they had to attend the event to get the shirt. This will not be like wanna-be-bikers who buy a Sturgis shirt to call themselves a biker.
    You have to 'walk the walk', and registrations will be checked with orders.
    Money will be returned to those not registered.

It will also be nice to have a clean, soft, fresh shirt to wear after
    completing the event on Sunday!

How?

We will take preorders via paypal for Large and XL. (There may be an
    additional charge for larger sizes, so ask first.) This will ensure
    yours is waiting for you at check-in. We will bring a small number of extras for impulse sales at check-in, we hope, but if we sell out, that's probably it unless demand is so high to mandate another run.

How much?

We believe $15 is a generous amount to cover the cost, with the balance
    going toward the preservation effort. You have worked hard to attend this
    event and we aren't out to break people. If you would like to throw in a
    few more, then God Bless ya.

How many can I order?

One per registration and participation.

How long can I order?

At least until registration closes, and up until the event, unless we
    sell out. This is an independent effort much like Silas's booklet. We do
    hope everyone who would like such a souvenir, would be able to have one but we can only make so many. We will take paypal to
    eatingpaste@earthlink.net....remember to include L or XL. If you don't
    have paypal, PM Jay Stevens or Dan Hadley so we can make other arrangements.

Let me know if you have any other questions........ Who wants shirt
    number one?

Dan Hadley
    Attached Files
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: Limited Edition Tees Available

I certainly will get one of the shirts but will not wear it until after I have actually completed the march. However, I plan to hike the route early next week, and again the week after, just to check things out and check myself out and because it is lovely country.
    Tom Yearby
    Texas Ground Hornets

"I'd rather shoot a man than a snake." Robert Stumbling Bear

Comment

Will the civilian participants be eligible to buy one of these also? Although we won't be marching, it’s basically the same slogan for us only different circumstances.
      [FONT=Book Antiqua][/FONT][COLOR=Navy]Barb McCreary (also known as Bertie)
      Herbal Folk Healer, Weaver and Maker of Fine Lye Soap[/COLOR]
      [url]www.winstontown.com[/url]

Comment

Been there. Done that. Got the t-shirt.

Hope you sell a bundle of 'em.
        Silas Tackitt,
        one of the moderators.

Click here for a link to forum rules - or don't at your own peril.

Comment

Yeah, but was it as cool as THIS tee?

Hope you got some of those books left. I just mailed you a check today.

Thanks,

Dan Hadley
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Barb, you bring up a great point. There will only be a limited number printed and the organizers are pretty particular about who will get them, and justifiably so. I don't want to cross them, so I posed your query to them and will holler back as soon as I hear something. Thanks for your interest.

Dan Hadley
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Yeah, Silas, I am sure you got a fine tee-shirt, but you haven't been in my woods yet and survived, so I would think if you do you would want one of those fine shirts.
              Tom Yearby
              Texas Ground Hornets

"I'd rather shoot a man than a snake." Robert Stumbling Bear

Comment

Originally posted by Cottoncarder View Post
                Will the civilian participants be eligible to buy one of these also? Although we won't be marching, it’s basically the same slogan for us only different circumstances.
                I would certainly think so. Anyone at the mercy of Terre will pay their dues!

Seriously, they are walking as much as us and doing a great deal of manual work. Bully for them!

Ah, it's almost here!
                Jay Stevens
                Tater Mess
                Independent Volunteers
                Iron Man Mess
                Reenactor Preservation Coalition
                Friends of Historic Lone Jack

Wyandotte Lodge # 03, AF&AM

Into The Piney Woods, March 2009
                Lost Tribes, October 2009
                Bummers, November 2009
                Backwaters, March 12-14 2010
                The Fight For Crampton's Gap July 2010
                In the Van, August 2010
                Before The Breakout Sept 2010

"If You Want To Call Yourself A Campaigner, You Attend True Campaign Events" -B. Johnson

Comment

What, no smalls? Only Large and XL? :tounge_sm Looks nice, though, Dan. (I assume you designed them?)
                  Anna Allen
                  <a href="http://starofthewestsociety.googlepages.com/">Star of the West Society</a>
                  [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]The Cherry Bounce Girls Mess[/B][/COLOR] :p

[I]It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word.[/I]-Andrew Jackson

Comment

um... think of them as a 'OSFA' sleeper. now everything's OK, right? = )

yeah, I did the graphic, but Jay's the point man w/ the printer. We'll definitely look into it and get back w/ you.

Thank you- glad you're making the trip down from 'Ioway". Are you coming down to KC this weekend?

Dan Hadley
                    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Haha. BGR PJ's! YEAH! :D

Yep! I wouldn't miss it this weekend for the world. So are you planning to stay up late with us girls and have a slumber party in the basement again?

(Okay okay...I'll stop sabotaging this thread.)
                      Anna Allen
                      <a href="http://starofthewestsociety.googlepages.com/">Star of the West Society</a>
                      [COLOR="DarkRed"][B]The Cherry Bounce Girls Mess[/B][/COLOR] :p

[I]It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word.[/I]-Andrew Jackson

Comment

Dan and Jay deserve a shout-out for their efforts on this. This was their individual brainstorm. The cause is a fine one as well.

I hope that many of our participants will take them up on their offer. I know I will be.

Regards,
                        Fred Baker

"You may call a Texian anything but a gentleman or a coward." Zachary Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by Gallo de Cielo View Post
                          Dan and Jay deserve a shout-out for their efforts on this. This was their individual brainstorm. The cause is a fine one as well.

I hope that many of our participants will take them up on their offer. I know I will be.

Regards,
                          Thank you for the kind words, Fred. We are no different though than anyone else making this trip for preservation. In my mind, the guys traveling from a long ways are the hero's.

AN UPDATE ON THE CAMPAIGNER SHIRTS! (dee-dee-dit deet, "this just in..")

I talked to the vendor today, and we will offer small and medium shirts as well now. (So Anna, quit complaining! :wink_smil ) He can also do XXL's but it will add $1.50 to the shirt price.

If you have emailed me or sent paypal, please bear with me. We'll get to it. We are touched and a little overwhelmed by the great response. I am busy using every spare minute to prepare for the Tater muster this weekend, (and need to make a sleeping cap since it will be 15 overnight!)

Best Regards
                          Jay Stevens
                          Tater Mess
                          Independent Volunteers
                          Iron Man Mess
                          Reenactor Preservation Coalition
                          Friends of Historic Lone Jack

Wyandotte Lodge # 03, AF&AM

Into The Piney Woods, March 2009
                          Lost Tribes, October 2009
                          Bummers, November 2009
                          Backwaters, March 12-14 2010
                          The Fight For Crampton's Gap July 2010
                          In the Van, August 2010
                          Before The Breakout Sept 2010

"If You Want To Call Yourself A Campaigner, You Attend True Campaign Events" -B. Johnson

Comment

Jay--I will have 2 knitted sleeping caps with me this weekend--no worries about the weather.
                            Regards,
                            Deborah Hyland
                            dance mistress

Comment

I'd bet that if'n a person was to order an XXL, they may very well be suprised that it does not fit when they get done with the event. Ha!

See ya'll down there and the rest of you fine ladies this weekend!

peace,

Comment

Working...
                              X