A Few Images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Few Images

I really like that photo of the Confederates in the woods. Had no idea that was being taken - there must be a pretty good lens on that camera. We were the reserve at the time and were watching the skirmishing going on ahead, waiting for the call to advance and hopefully push the Federals along one more time.

There is a look on the face of many in the photo - tired, anxious, straining to see what is going on in front, to read the skirmish wondering if we will be thrown into the fray or be allowed to stay in the relative safety of the reserve position.

I really felt good about this event when it was over and I was heading home. The farther away I get from it and the more I reflect on it the better I feel about it.
    Michael Comer
    one of the moderator guys

Comment

Beautiful photos! You took some wonderful photos in the civilian camp. I'm kinda partial to the ones of my darling Anna.

Kind regards,
      [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Kind regards,
      Emily Burns[/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Emily Burns View Post
        Beautiful photos! You took some wonderful photos in the civilian camp. I'm kinda partial to the ones of my darling Anna.

Kind regards,
        Me too - showed them to my daughter Abigail when I got home and she said "she looks like me!"
        Soli Deo Gloria
        Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

I would like post a picture of Co.B, 81st Ill. taken after the event. The company lost 1 man during the event. The finest company I have had the pleasure to command.
          From L-R. Sergt. Rob Carter, 1st Sergt. Andrew Willenbring, Dave "Tiny" Grimes, Cpl. Mike Scott, Joe Johnson, Martin Goff, Ted Whitten, Dan Monahan, Kevin Gansz, Cpl. Kelly Scott, Grant Wilson, Jeff Lehmann, Tom "Cornbread" Key, Cpl. Dan "Bobo" Williams, Sergt. Joe Smotherman. Kneeling Capt. Rob Murray and 2nd Lt. Bill Hoskins. Photo by Grant Wilson 13th US.
          I would like to take this time to make special mention of Cpl. "Bobo" Williams who performed outstanding work tending to the mens medical needs, as well as stabilizing Capt. Sean Miller when he went down on the first day.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Rob Murray; 03-25-2007, 01:03 PM. Reason: Attach image
          Rob Murray

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Murray View Post
            I would like post a picture of Co.B, 81st Ill. taken after the event. The company lost 1 man during the event. The finest company I have had the pleasure to command.
            From L-R. Sergt. Rob Carter, 1st Sergt. Andrew Willenbring, Dave "Tiny" Grimes, Cpl. Mike Scott, Joe Johnson, Martin Goff, Ted Whitten, Dan Monahan, Kevin Gansz, Cpl. Kelly Scott, Grant Wilson, Jeff Lehmann, Tom "Cornbread" Key, Cpl. Dan "Bobo" Williams, Sergt. Joe Smotherman. Kneeling Capt. Rob Murray and 2nd Lt. Bill Hoskins. Photo by Grant Wilson 13th US.
            I would like to take this time to make special mention of Cpl. "Bobo" Williams who performed outstanding work tending to the mens medical needs, as well as stabilizing Capt. Sean Miller when he went down on the first day.
            Rob - you guys look great, esp with Tiny and Joe as bookends :) Course you also had the ultimate guide in Mr Lehmann - good move that!!
            Soli Deo Gloria
            Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

Doug, As a side note, I learned on the drive home that "Tiny" is a Lt. Col. in the modern Army and will be making a trip to the "Sand Box" shortly. "Tiny" if you're reading this, good luck and Godspeed. I am always humbled when combat vets follow me in the field.
              Thank the Lord for Jeff! Otherwise we might still be in the bayous', dodging the "bayou yetis'"
              Last edited by Rob Murray; 03-25-2007, 01:35 PM. Reason: Added some
              Rob Murray

Comment

Originally posted by Footslogger View Post
                Many thanks, SteveB for posting the link to this album; my Acadian great-great grandfather Charles Theogene Daigle & my gr-gr-gr-uncle Pierre Blanchard served in Co. C of the Consolidated 18 Reg't and Yellow Jacket Batt'n, Louisiana. Both survived Pleasant Hill & Mansfield though many of their compatriots didn't. I have followed the campaign and walked many of the battlefields, but these pictures, as well as all those posted in this thread bring that particular conflict to life!

Thanks very much!
                [SIZE="3"][B]Jennifer Payne[/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][B]Miss Elodie's Diary[/B]
                [url]http://elodies-diary.blogspot.com/[/url]

[B]History Home Page [/B]
                [url]http://www.geocities.com/jenpayne10/index.html[/url]

[B]Bibliography of Articles in UK & US Social History [/B]
                [url]http://www.geocities.com/jenpayne10/bibliography_articles_uk_us_social_history.html[/url][/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
                X