• Show
Clear All

Re: Photos from BGR?

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/craftsfo...60762394338085
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Kind regards,
    Emily Burns[/FONT]

Comment

Seeing those chickens again reminds me of the one who constantly was trying to join us in the parlor. Im not sure which was louder, the squaks of the chicken trying to get in the tent, the yells of the ladies as they swiped at the chicken to keep her out, or finally prehaps the roars of laughter from the men watching battle from the sidelines?
      Alas the chicken who invaded the tent one night was stew for the Lazy Jacks the next.
      Dusty Lind
      Running Discharge Mess
      Texas Rifles
      BGR Survivor

Texans did this. Texans Can Do It Again. Gen J.B. Hood

Comment

Originally posted by Alamo Guard View Post

Alas the chicken who invaded the tent one night was stew for the Lazy Jacks the next.
        Preacher, you of all should know "The wages of sin is death."

I am reminded though of my Grandmother's rather dry assessment of her sister-in-law's housekeeping(a woman known to let the chickens wander freely into the house): I would not eat a boiled egg from her kitchen.
        Terre Hood Biederman
        Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
        Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Well Charles, I don't like KISS, I don't have a sister -but I have been known to drink out of the milk jug once in a while when is no one is looking (actually a lime drink...I might be old enought to remember KISS, but I'm not yet in need of a remedy for osteoporosis).

And my deepest philosophical pondering earlier was trying to figure out a way to post some pics of BGR for my friends and any others who attended and might enjoy them. And as I am unfamiliar with all the inner working and "bells and whistles" of this server/web-site that was my bad ju-ju plan to fix the problem of posting the pictures. Either it worked as I am now Rank and File like I used to be, or you used your munificent powers to help me attain my former "rank", and if so, thank you.

As for the path to the Dark Side, I believe I tred about twenty miles on said path at BGR, and I was also at Franklin a couple of years ago with the 9th/15th Tx, so I'm not totally unfamilar with The Path, even though I don't get out back east as much as I would like to.

All that aside, here are the pics, all post-event as I did not carry a camera in the field (although I'm grateful for the ones I have seen).

[ATTACH]4666[/ATTACH] This is the infamous deserter Chase Pinkham with his mess-mate Jake Beckstrand at a reproduction period building at the Mansfield battlefield.

[ATTACH]4667[/ATTACH] This is one of what I assume are the "Babes in the Woods..."

[ATTACH]4668[/ATTACH] And this is one of Chase and Jake purchasing raffle tickets from Doug.

We do have some pretty interesting history out here, like you said Charles. Our home base is at Camp Floyd, Johnston's base and headquarters. There is a "witness" tree where we enjoy the shade like Colonel Johnston did (a lot more shade now than then tho:). A few other men who served at Camp Floyd and went on to prominence in the Civil War are Henry Heth (last named pronounced like yours Charles, I believe), John Buford, John Reynolds and John Robinson, who commanded 2nd Div under Robinson's 1st Corp at Gettysburg, and Buford was there as well, of course. That's enought though, time for another thread on that information if I get time.
          Last edited by Utah; 04-07-2007, 10:37 PM.
          Rex Porter
          Iron Rooster Mess
          Utah Territories

Comment

This was a double-post (not intentional:D)
            Last edited by Utah; 04-07-2007, 05:34 PM. Reason: double-post
            Rex Porter
            Iron Rooster Mess
            Utah Territories

Comment

Same here, just figuring out the editing feature.
              Last edited by Utah; 04-07-2007, 05:36 PM. Reason: same
              Rex Porter
              Iron Rooster Mess
              Utah Territories

Comment

Originally posted by Silvana Siddali View Post
                Oh, pshaw, Miss Ginger! Actually one of the French lads got a really beautiful video of you singing at the Confederate officers & staff mess:

I only wish the sound were better so folks could hear your voice. You really brought a tear to many an eye that evening. It was just lovely.
                Oh My, Miss Ginger....

That sneaked video, so captured a peri0d feel! Pursant to a private officer invitee list, the cordial feel is wonderful.

Regretfully, my First Sgt, (and Tater pard) had left me as 2nd Sgt to take care of the paperwork back at camp, in the meantime. TJ though so deserved the diversion.

Thank you for the opportunity, to see such a welcome display. We could hear fellow Tater Forrest's fiddlin', but not the majesty of the kindred.

Another of the infinite period moments for the common soldiers on a realistic campaign.

Best Regards
                Last edited by MO-Pard; 04-08-2007, 10:50 AM.
                Jay Stevens
                Tater Mess
                Independent Volunteers
                Iron Man Mess
                Reenactor Preservation Coalition
                Friends of Historic Lone Jack

Wyandotte Lodge # 03, AF&AM

Into The Piney Woods, March 2009
                Lost Tribes, October 2009
                Bummers, November 2009
                Backwaters, March 12-14 2010
                The Fight For Crampton's Gap July 2010
                In the Van, August 2010
                Before The Breakout Sept 2010

"If You Want To Call Yourself A Campaigner, You Attend True Campaign Events" -B. Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by MO-Pard View Post

Another of the infinite period moments for the common soldiers on a realistic campaign.

Best Regards
                  Jay - here is a period moment, and yours and my best side...at least that's what I heard...
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by DougCooper; 04-08-2007, 09:07 AM.
                  Soli Deo Gloria
                  Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

Mr. Cooper,
                    I do believe that is your's truly in the background in the blue apron and Brooke is laying on the ground nest to me. I can see Nate's pants too.:D
                    [FONT=Book Antiqua][/FONT][COLOR=Navy]Barb McCreary (also known as Bertie)
                    Herbal Folk Healer, Weaver and Maker of Fine Lye Soap[/COLOR]
                    [url]www.winstontown.com[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Cottoncarder View Post
                      Mr. Cooper,
                      I do believe that is your's truly in the background in the blue apron and Brooke is laying on the ground nest to me. I can see Nate's pants too.:D
                      It is indeed, and Cody Mobley on your left. Am wondering who that is in the chair beind Cody.
                      Soli Deo Gloria
                      Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

Originally posted by MO-Pard View Post
                        Oh My, Miss Ginger....

That sneaked video, so captured a peri0d feel! Pursant to a private officer invitee list, the cordial feel is wonderful.

Regretfully, my First Sgt, (and Tater pard) had left me as 2nd Sgt to take care of the paperwork back at camp, in the meantime. TJ though so deserved the diversion.

Thank you for the opportunity, to see such a welcome display. We could hear fellow Tater Forrest's fiddlin', but not the majesty of the kindred.

Best Regards
                        You are all so kind! :) I do so love to sing, and although I was thoroughly nonplussed when Silvana volunteered me, I am so very privileged for the opportunity. I do think that in these days of pre-recorded accompanied "perfection," we have lost the joy of making, and even the ability to appreciate, our own entertainment. I'm just glad that you fellows enjoyed it, whether at first or second hand, as much as I did.
                        Ginger Lane
                        Arlington, Texas

Comment

Working...
                        X