Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm a' comin...

To all:

I'll be playing Federal and traveling light as possible, so no musket necessary... a fellow veteran has come forth kindly for me to borrow his (Mike).

My flight info is as follows:

US Airways Flight 3521 (connection from Hartford to Pittsburgh to Nashville, TN)
    26 OCT 07
    Depart: Hartford, CT (BDL) 6:10 am
    Arrive: Nashville (BNA) 9:02 am

29 OCT 07
    US Airways flight 1577 (connect in Charlotte to Hartford)
    Depart: Nashville, TN (BNA) 6:55pm
    Arrive: Hartford, CT (BDL) 11:58pm

I'll need:

-Wrapped rounds
    -Shower at end of event or creek I can bathe in (or a garden hose to douse myself with water)
    -Ride to Nashville from Ripavilla
    -Someone to hang with until my flight leaves Monday- maybe see a battlefield- dunno...?

Already spoken for:

Musket provided by Mike Pretus
    Better cap box provided by Terry Sorchy
    Caps provided by Ryan Protz
    Ride to event has been provided by Brian Hicks
    I have ordered a better 2 rivet scabbard, but don't know when it will arrive-might need one. (Mine is an 8-rivet.)

Goes without saying: Will share costs evenly/compensate anyone that helps! I'll be in Arthur's company- Federal.

Send me a PM if I can count on you and we'll talk via phone. I'm just putting this out to you so as to make everyone aware of the request.

Thanks for your big outpouring of help... now, about that pie... save me some.

:p -Johnny Lloyd
    Last edited by Johnny Lloyd; 10-14-2007, 09:32 PM. Reason: More help... THANKS!
    Johnny Lloyd
    John "Johnny" Lloyd
    Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
    SCAR
    Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
    Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
    Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
    Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Lloyd View Post

Goes without saying: Will share costs evenly/compensate anyone that helps! I'll be in Arthur's company- Federal.
      Bahaha, it's actually Arnolds company. But we're glad to have you, i'll send you an email soon to square to you away. Oh boy, I think i'm gonna call Timothy "Aurthur" for the weekend, haha.
      Preston Todd
      Hard Case Boys
      Top Rail Mess

Comment

Well, my mistype... I thought I was typing Arnold's company. Thanks for the needed kick in the seat of my pants. Durrr... ;)

I need pie to cure my ills... LOL

"I read and rite guud Ringlish cuz I look my words up in da dickshuwary" ... Johnny
        Johnny Lloyd
        John "Johnny" Lloyd
        SCAR

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Now this is fine example of what this forum is really about! I like it.

Paul
          Paul B. Boulden Jr.

RAH VA MIL '04
          (Loblolly Mess)
          [URL="http://23rdva.netfirms.com/welcome.htm"]23rd VA Vol. Regt.[/URL]
          [URL="http://www.virginiaregiment.org/The_Virginia_Regiment/Home.html"]Waggoner's Company of the Virginia Regiment [/URL]

[URL="http://www.military-historians.org/"]Company of Military Historians[/URL]
          [URL="http://www.moc.org/site/PageServer"]Museum of the Confederacy[/URL]
          [URL="http://www.historicsandusky.org/index.html"]Historic Sandusky [/URL]

Inscription Capt. Archibold Willet headstone:

"A span is all that we can boast, An inch or two of time, Man is but vanity and dust, In all his flower and prime."

Comment

I think it's great that you're coming but it just strikes me as odd that a Citadel grad would come as a Fed for Christ's sake.
            David Parent

The Cracker Mess
            MLK Mess
            Black Hat Boys
            WIG

Veterans would tell of Sherman's ordering a flanking movement and instructing a subordinate how to report his progress: "See here Cox, burn a few barns occasionally, as you go along. I can't understand those signal flags, but I know what smoke means"

Comment

Originally posted by Mcguire View Post
              I think it's great that you're coming but it just strikes me as odd that a Citadel grad would come as a Fed for Christ's sake.
              The SCAR, Federal company has two Citadel cadets and a Citadel employee for Outpost.

Jim Butler
              Jim Butler

Comment

Johnny,
                We can arrange a link up point so I can lend the Springfield but worst case scenario... I will drop if off with your company on Friday. Talk to you soon.

Mike
                (910) 545 7113

Semper Fidelis,
                Mike Pretus
                16th LA Inf

Comment

Ahh I am 2001 Grad and I am going..

so that makes 4 of us at the federal side.

Delta 2001!!!
                  [B][I]Skip Owens[/I][/B]

EMAIL:[EMAIL="saltwaterboy01@gmail.com"]saltwaterboy01@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

[U]Southern Guard Living History Assn.
                  [URL="http://www.southernguard.org"]http://www.southernguard.org[/URL]

The Company of Military Historians[/U]

Comment

We'll be happy to take any Former/Current/Future Citadel Cadets who want to go Federal. :D
                    ERIC TIPTON
                    Former AC Owner

Comment

Mcguire- I think it's great that you're coming but it just strikes me as odd that a Citadel grad would come as a Fed for Christ's sake.

Well...
                      I was a Federal soldier in REAL war for 14 months... I have to do those blue boys of the 1860s justice too. I owe much to this country and the modern US Army. And I owe my life being intact after going to Iraq, in fact, precisely to Christ's sake.

As always, I'm very proud to be a Southerner and of my Citadel Heritage... Johnny

PS- I'm still under IRR status until 2012- so I can be called back after MAR 07 to Iraq.
                      Johnny Lloyd
                      John "Johnny" Lloyd
                      SCAR

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Many thanks to you...

To all:

Gents, in the most serious way I can say it, THANK YOU for all of the gracious outpouring of help in getting to this event. I've had many e-mails and phone calls of people offering their help to get me to the Federal lines at Outpost.
                        I thank everyone that continues to call and write me on this topic. As some of you know, I'm flying in from Connecticut, and without my own mobility- namely automobile- things are a bit hard. I also paid a pretty penny to get there too, but I know the event will be well worth the time.

For all who care to know- Updated information AS OF 19 OCT 07:

My flight info is as follows:

US Airways Flight 3521 (connection from Hartford to Pittsburgh to Nashville, TN)
                        26 OCT 07
                        Depart: Hartford, CT (BDL) 6:10 am
                        Arrive: Nashville (BNA) 9:02 am

29 OCT 07
                        US Airways flight 1577 (connect in Charlotte to Hartford)
                        Depart: Nashville, TN (BNA) 6:55pm
                        Arrive: Hartford, CT (BDL) 11:58pm

I'll need:

-Shower at end of event or creek I can bathe in (or a garden hose to douse myself with water)
                        -Ride to Nashville from Ripavilla
                        -Someone to hang with until my flight leaves Monday- maybe see a battlefield, share cost of a room if necessary- dunno...?

Already spoken for:

-Musket provided by Mike Pretus
                        -Better cap box provided by Terry Sorchy
                        -Caps provided by Ryan Protz
                        -Ride to event has been provided by Brian Hicks
                        -Karl Posch provides wrapped rounds via Terry Sorchy

Goes without saying: Will share costs evenly/compensate anyone that helps!

You have been more than helpful offering rides, referrals to friends with information, musket, etc. I am obliged for your help and if you EVER need anything I can help you with, please let me know.
                        I wouldn't feel right without thanking all of you for outstanding help. The most wonderful thing about this hobby is everyone is so giving to each other and of themselves to make an outstanding event. I hope nothing ever gets in the way of that honesty, self-giving and friendship.
                        I am obliged for your help and if you EVER need anything I can help you with, please let me know.

PM me if you want to talk via phone. This electronic communication gets cumbersome.

Thanks again! Keep your powder dry.

Gruss mit Gott im Himmel - Johnny Lloyd
                        Johnny Lloyd
                        John "Johnny" Lloyd
                        SCAR

Proud descendant of...

Comment

If I was able to make it up I'd have gone federal... and to upset the El Cid presence... but alas I cant slip away from post that weekend to play. Have a good time everyone.

regards,
                          Cheers,
                          [COLOR=Red]Kirby Smith[/COLOR]

Loblolly Mess

Too many ancestors who served and events on the schedule to post here...

Comment

Hey Johnny, I got your message. Shouldn't be a problem at all. I'll talk with you more at the event.
                            Heath Potter

South Union Guards
                            Star and Crescent Mess
                            A.E.K.D.B.

Bummers
                            Franklin Preservation March
                            Backwater 1865

Comment

Working...
                            X