Call to Arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Call to Arms

There's no way to know until you try. If you want to go, verify that you can meet the event standards, contact the event coordinator, and get your registration submitted ASAP.

Comment

Taylor,

If you decide to come, register for Jim Butler's company. My buddy Joe and I are falling in under Mr. Butler, and we could probably lend you anything you might need for the week-end. We would be happy for you to come along. This should be a fine event. To paraphrase FDR, "The only thing we have to fear is Charles' cooking."
      Dave Eggleston

Comment

Originally posted by dave81276 View Post
        Taylor,

If you decide to come, register for Jim Butler's company. My buddy Joe and I are falling in under Mr. Butler, and we could probably lend you anything you might need for the week-end. We would be happy for you to come along. This should be a fine event. To paraphrase FDR, "The only thing we have to fear is Charles' cooking."
        That's the style Dave, That's the style!!!

Taylor, you are doing the right thing, by letting folks know up front you need help, there are several in the Federal Ranks that will do just that.

Comment

Originally posted by regularyank View Post
          I would really like to go to this event. I am a progressive reenactor in a mainstream unit. Im a little afraid though because this would be my first authentic event, and really, I don’t know what to expect. I would love to pard up with some guys and go to this even, but I don’t want to feel like a weight. What is your opinions on this being a first event, im all ears and am very open for criticism and want to learn and become a full time authentic reenactor, I just need to get my feet in the water that’s all :wink_smil ...

Taylor,

Got your email... Chances are I won't be at this event, But I'm going to send a PM to Jerry Gouge. He lives in East Texas, and I have hooked up with him several times, usually meeting somewhere about two hours east of DFW. You should be able to Mess with Jerry and his guys, and they'll help you out. I also know Jim Butler, who would be very glad to have you as well.

I've seen pics of your gear, it should be OK. But email a list of what you have, and specifically where you bought it, and I'll let you know for sure. Maybe you can borrow some stuff from me.

This 'inspection' stuff usually gets blown all out of whack by people. Unless your gear is strict sutler row, the most important thing to bring is a good attitude, which you have.

Mike Phineas
          Arlington, TX
          Mike Phineas
          Arlington, TX
          24th Missouri Infantry
          Independent Volunteer Battalion
          www.24thmissouri.org

"Oh, go in anywhere Colonel, go in anywhere. You'll find lovely fighting all along the line."

-Philip Kearny

Comment

Mike,

I sent you an email. I have some loaner gear also if Taylor needs it.

Jim Butler
            Jim Butler

Comment

Since 90% of the CHP events are in the east/south, and the price of gas this past week end was at $3.39.9 per gal. There won't be any traveling farther than 2 hours for me from home to an event. So it sounds like I won't be goin to any at all this year but (gulp) mainstreamers.
              So getting my CHP doses will be by cyber this year.:baring_te
              Cris L. Westphal
              1st. Mich. Vol.
              2nd. Kentucky (Morgans Raiders)
              A young man should possess all his faculties before age,liquor, and stupidity erase them--Major Thaddeus Caractus Evillard Bird(Falconer Legion CSA)

Comment

Guys,

Is anyone from Central or North Texas going over who would like some company? I will be happy to split gas or drive to meet. I am a student and plainly put "broke" so I figure if I can save a bit all the better. Thanks for any help.

Ryan Johnson
                Ryan Johnson
                Texas Ground Hornets

sigpic
                Descendant of Gen. Zebulon York 14th Louisiana

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys, it means alot to me that you all are embracing me with open arms. I’ve wanted to make the jump for some time. I will start reading up on my stuff so im not dumb as bricks about Vicksburg, I have been there several times and I love it. Can’t wait for this event now, kind of short notice but better late than never. ;)
                  And again thanks all for the help and hope to see yall there!
                  Best regards;
                  Taylor Clark
                  HCB, Lead Balls mess

Comment

Jimbo,

The kid's gear should be fine, what he needs is a group from the DFW area to travel with and a Mess to hook up with at the event. I had a couple fellows in mind, but it looks like they won't make it either.

I know there are some Texas Rifles from down south who are going, but the none of them are guys I know real well.

Mike Phineas
                    Arlington, TX
                    Mike Phineas
                    Arlington, TX
                    24th Missouri Infantry
                    Independent Volunteer Battalion
                    www.24thmissouri.org

"Oh, go in anywhere Colonel, go in anywhere. You'll find lovely fighting all along the line."

-Philip Kearny

Comment

Tommy Attaway is a Texas Rifle and lives in the Dallas area. He is signed up in Craddocks company. Tommy is a swell feller who might like some company on the ride to Vicksburg. I'll check with him and see if he'll post here about it.
                      Frank J Marek
                      Texas Rifles

Comment

Working...
                      X