Resaca - May 18-20, 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Resaca - May 18-20, 2007

From what I understand, that spring has been running since well before the war and was used by troops- and man is it ever cold!
    Chris R. Henderson

Big'uns Mess/Black Hat Boys
    WIG/GVB
    In Memory of Wm. Davis Couch, Phillips Legion Cav. from Hall Co. GEORGIA

It's a trick, Gen. Sherman!...there's TWO of 'em! ~Lewis Grizzard

"Learning to fish for your own information will take you a lot further than merely asking people to feed you the info you want." ~Troy Groves:D

Comment

We keep growing. I wish it had been this easy to raise a company for Fort Granger last year. Any way I appreciate all the support for this effort. I know we will have a good time. Here is a current list of all those registered:
      1. Adams, John
      2. Arnold, Timothy
      3. Barnett, Greg
      4. Bergstrom, Gary
      5. Brown, Eric
      6. Butler, Jim
      7. Coats, Herb - Lt
      8. Comer, Michael
      9. Comer, Shelby
      10. Corbin, Tripp - Capt
      11. Cox, Christopher
      12. Craddock, Patrick
      13. Davidson, Dale
      14. Davis, CJ
      15. Davis, Howard
      16. Duffer, John
      17. Ewing, Steve
      18. Forte, Ed
      19. Hancock, Terry
      20. Henderson, Chris
      21. Henderson, Stephen
      22. Hicks, Brian
      23. Lane, Christopher
      24. Lutes, John
      25. McDonald, Bruce
      26. McPherson, John
      27. Morris, Clint
      28. Noland, Jeffery
      29. Pullen, Johnny
      30. Quinlin, Brad
      31. Quinlin, Sean
      32. Roberts, Jordan
      33. Shackleford, Jared
      34. Silliman, Garrett
      35. Skemp, Sam
      36. Stibitz, Mark
      37. Thomason, Kiev - Orderly Sgt.
      38. Wilson, Brian
      39. Wooten, James
      [FONT=Times New Roman][b]Tripp Corbin[/b][/FONT]
      [URL=http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/]Western Independent Grays[/URL]
      [URL=http://www.armoryguards.org/]Armory Guards[/url]

Comment

Capt Corbin,

Have you sorted out the corprals yet? Just wondering, haven't seen any follow-up email.

Your Obn't servant,
        Greg S Barnett
        Burlington Lodge #763 F&AM

New Knoxville Mess
        ArmoryGuards/ WIG

Comment

Sir,Tripp and I are talking about the very subject and it will be posted with also the Sgts very soon.
          Kiev Thomason
          a.k.a. King Corn:baring_te
          WIG
          Armory Guards
          Forest Park Lodge #399
          Forest Park GA.

Comment

I was waiting on some confirmations. I will be sending out a general information email some time torrow or Saturday. It will include command structure.

Comment

Update

Gentlemen,
              With the successful Shiloh event behind us, I can now focus on Resaca. Things are really coming together even better than I expected. As of today, we have 47 men registered for Co. K. I am expecting we will end up with close to 60 if everyone that has contacted me does indeed register. If we do exceed 60 men, we will be splitting in to two companies in order to more accurately portray the historic numbers the 7th Ohio had at Resaca. As I mentioned before the average company had between 30 to 40 men. If we do split Jim Butler will be commanding the Second Company which will be company Co H.

Assuming we do not split our command Structure will be as follows.

Capt Tripp Corbin
              1st Lt Herb Coats
              2nd Lt Jim Butler
              1st Sgt Kiev Thomason
              Sgt Tim Arnold
              Sgt Brian Hicks
              Sgt Brad Quinlin
              Cpl Michael Comer
              Cpl Terry Hancock
              Cpl Chris Henderson
              Cpl Greg Krohn

We will be using Casey's Drill Manual so make sure to take the time to refresh yourself if needed especially stacking arms. It is also possible that we will end up being the skirmish company so review that as well. We want to make sure we know what we are doing. Also we will have musicians with us. This will give us a chance to practice for Chickamauga and Outpost for those attending those events.

Kiev Thomason is currently working on rations for us. We will be issuing food for Saturday breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as Sunday breakfast. These will be raw rations that you will need to cook. I am not exactly sure were we will be camping as of now since I have not gotten word where the main Federal Camp will be. It is my intention to try and camp somewhere nearby is possible.

Dave Thomas has approached me about raising another company of the 7th Ohio for this event. He believes he can raise an additional 20 to 30 man company. If he is successful, they will be company G. That means we could have a possible 3 campaigner companies. Now wouldn't that be something.

Lastly, remember this is Resaca. We are going to have fun. I intend for this to be a fairly laid back event. We will be posting some guards mainly for safety and security. Everyone will get plenty of time to visit the sutler and friends. Also do not forget about the Battlefield Tour on Friday Night. If anyone has any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Comment

Hurrah for Cpl. Hancock.
                looking forward to falling in with you again Tripp, as are the rest of the Skinners.
                [SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][B]Howard Davis[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
                [I]Retired[/I]

Comment

Gents,As this weekend will be at a mainstream event it may be a little bit tough keeping up with the men ....so if you are in a role as an NCO please make sure you have a timepiece and notebook and something to write with in your kit.We will have drills and a few duties to pull at different times.I am sure will all have a grand old time and make the confeds howl!Make sure all your gear is in good order and we do have some rain every now and again down here this time of year so grab your gum blankets and you can have shelter halfs for this in your knapsacks.We will erect them if needed.
                  Kiev Thomason
                  WIG
                  Armory Guards
                  Forest Park Lodge #399
                  Forest Park GA.

Comment

And as with every event- DRINK WATER LIKE IT IS GOING OUT OF STYLE!!!! Start a week ahead of time and just look forward to that fresh spring water from Nance Spring!
                    Chris R. Henderson

Big'uns Mess/Black Hat Boys
                    WIG/GVB
                    In Memory of Wm. Davis Couch, Phillips Legion Cav. from Hall Co. GEORGIA

It's a trick, Gen. Sherman!...there's TWO of 'em! ~Lewis Grizzard

"Learning to fish for your own information will take you a lot further than merely asking people to feed you the info you want." ~Troy Groves:D

Comment

Tripp,
                      I hear there is a chance two extremely lazy and shirking privates that have not been seen in these parts since a Wood Gathering Detail may make an appearance in their not so normal rank (well rank as in insignia) free attire! I'm not sure what kind of men these two are, but I heard they both fell asleep along the side of the road as they were serving as the rear guard for the army.
                      Patrick Landrum
                      Independent Rifles

Comment

I remember those two stalwerts of shirking at LBL. They were definitely defending that log by sawing logs! Every company had "those guys" in it!
                        Herb Coats
                        Armory Guards &
                        WIG

Comment

We have reached the 50 man mark today. I have posted the updated roster to the website.

Comment

Early Registration now over.

Early Registration is now over. The registration fee is now $15.00 for snail mail and $16.00 for PayPal. I have not updated the PayPal button yet so you will need to do that

Comment

My group (under Ray Wozniak, many of you probably know him) is able to make it out on Sunday only. Given that limited availability, would it be wise to run this past them? Either way we'll be there, but reading this thread, with the thought of an organized command of a hundren men or more, has gotten me a little giddy, I have to admit. We can provide 5-10 more men if they're down.

Should I ask?
                              Jonathan "Scottie" Scott
                              Co. A, 104th Illinois Volunteer Infantry
                              Salt River Rifles

Upcoming:
                              <a href="http://www.fortsanders.info/">Race to Knoxville: April 17-19, 2009</a>
                              <a href="http://www.georgiadivision.org/">145th Anniversary Battle of Resaca: May 17-19, 2009</a>

Comment

Gents,Just as a small reminder...We will have the battlefield tour Friday night around 6 :00 p.m. It may be worth while for us to get to the event as early as we can so that we can take part and get camp set before night sets in.I would like to see all who can attend the tour.Also there is a good steak place down the road and before the event gets under way say around 4:00 p.m. I know some of us will go and grab a bite.However it's a small place and I will need to call ahead and WARN them we are coming so please be on site asap if you would care to go with us .Also the rations will be lite foods because it will be warm...if you need extra (period correct food)please feel free to bring what you need .
                                Kiev Thomason
                                WIG
                                Armory Guards
                                Forest Park Lodge #399
                                Forest Park GA.

Comment

Working...
                                X