Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Resaca - May 18-20, 2007

Fellers,
    I must say that was the best time in the field at Resaca in nearly 10yrs. A quality group took the call to arms as the 7th OVI ("Fighting Roosters"). Was good to see some old friends (even as rank as privates again) and meeting some new ones. Herb is right about the US forces outnumbering the CS....and for the firstime (I think) ever, we had to stoke up the fires for the evenings. Hats off to Tripp and Kiev for working the organization and to the rest of you who travelled whatever distance, to make this on F'ing A company. Only goes to show you that an event is what you make of it.
    Thanks for the fun and see ya at another campfire.
    Joe Blunt
    "...don't rush the judgement, until all the facts are in."

Comment

I had a blast. It was really great to see everybody, meet new friends and put the Capt's coat in the tree. I can't wait to see you all again at Outpost in Oct. Mucho thankos to Tripp, Kiev and all the GVB staff for a great weekend- and I'm not including the hourly trains in the great part. I've got a couple of chiggers to share memories with! Ohio! Ohio! Ohio! (And this from a Georgia native)
      Chris R. Henderson

Big'uns Mess/Black Hat Boys
      WIG/GVB
      In Memory of Wm. Davis Couch, Phillips Legion Cav. from Hall Co. GEORGIA

It's a trick, Gen. Sherman!...there's TWO of 'em! ~Lewis Grizzard

"Learning to fish for your own information will take you a lot further than merely asking people to feed you the info you want." ~Troy Groves:D

Comment

Tripp, Kiev, et al,

It was good seeing all of you at Resaca, of course you didn't have to get quite that close when y'all marched off on Sunday from formation and almost directly into our left flank :tounge_sm . Also enjoyed the guided tour of the property on the way off the field

It was good to see the appropriate numbers and a significant number of "hits" taken as well. We had a blast chasing ole johnny down that ravine and back up the hill on the other side, had the battle gone on a couple of more minutes, that battery would have been ours.

Se y'all in a couple of weeks at Picketts Mill.
        Robert Collett
        8th FL / 13th IN
        Armory Guards
        WIG

Comment

Howdy,
          I too had a great time. I really enjoyed the time spent with old friends, and meeting new ones. Thanks Tripp, Herb, Kiev, Brian, etc. Yall take care!:)

Ricky Jones
          -Ricky Jones

[FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkRed"]In Memory of [SIZE="3"]1[/SIZE]st. Lt. David Allen Lawrence, 44th G.V.I. / K.I.A. Wilderness, Va.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

I would like to echo the sentiments of all the previous posts. Personally I had about given up on this event, but being part of such great authentic contingent was something I couldn't pass up. I think it's great giving an authentic "shot in the arm" to some of these maintream events. I wish I could have been there on Sunday, but after the encouragment of my family at the last minute on Friday ( to go blow off some steam and stress) , I got back home in time to see my grandfather at his home , speak with him about the good ole' days, and an hour later he passed on. Thanks to all the great friends I have made in this hobby, in the short time I've been involved, and I look forward to seeing you all again at the Chickamuaga LH and Outpost !
            Ohio,Ohio, Ohio,

( In memory of Staff Sgt. Joe L Cates proud WWII vetern, that served his country
            honorably throught out England, France & Germany 1941-1945 )
            Eric N. Harley-Brown
            Currently known to associate with the WIG/AG

"It has never been fully realized, nor appreciated by the people of the North-the great part in preserving the Union, the brave, loyal,and patriotic Union men, in the mountainous parts of the Southern states, rendered" - Orderly Sgt. Silas P. Woodall (2nd grt. grnd...) member of "Kennemers Union Scouts & Guides"-organized in Woodville, Alabama 1863.

Comment

Eric,
              I am sorry to hear about the passing of your Grand Father but am glad you had a chance to see him before he made the final journey. I know I speak for all when I say we deeply appreciate his service to this Country. The World has lost another Hero.
              [FONT=Times New Roman][b]Tripp Corbin[/b][/FONT]
              [URL=http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/]Western Independent Grays[/URL]
              [URL=http://www.armoryguards.org/]Armory Guards[/url]

Comment

Eric,
                I am sad to hear of you loss. I know how much a grandfather means to a man. I know you'll miss him.
                I am really glad that you got to come out this weekend. It was good to give you a hard time once again. See you in the fall. (note the possum skinner tag)
                Greg S Barnett
                Burlington Lodge #763 F&AM

New Knoxville Mess
                ArmoryGuards/ WIG

Comment

Gentlemen, thank you for the kind sentiments. It only reenforces my confidence in the character of the men, I have met on this end of the hobby. I ask everyone to take advantage of talking with their WWII vets and hearing their stories first hand. This generation is almost gone, and before long will talked about, with the same air of mythology, that we discuss the CW vets. Remember them all this Memorial Day.

(Greg, all I can say is likewise, hope you can make it out this fall )
                  Eric N. Harley-Brown
                  Currently known to associate with the WIG/AG

"It has never been fully realized, nor appreciated by the people of the North-the great part in preserving the Union, the brave, loyal,and patriotic Union men, in the mountainous parts of the Southern states, rendered" - Orderly Sgt. Silas P. Woodall (2nd grt. grnd...) member of "Kennemers Union Scouts & Guides"-organized in Woodville, Alabama 1863.

Comment

Eric,
                    Sorry to hear about your Grandfather bro. I'm glad you got to see him before he left for a better place.
                    [SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][B]Howard Davis[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
                    [I]Retired[/I]

Comment

Eric ,
                      I am so sorry.I have only known you for a short time ,but from the way you carry your self the men of your family must be great ones.I am sure your Grandpa was a great man.Sorry for his passing.
                      Kiev Thomason
                      a.k.a. King Corn:baring_te
                      WIG
                      Armory Guards
                      Forest Park Lodge #399
                      Forest Park GA.

Comment

Gents,

Tripp and Kiev you put on a great event, as usual. It's is nice to be able to go to an otherwise boring event and be able to have like minded authentic people at a mainstream event. Had a good time. Thanks again for all your hard work.
                        Eric sorry to hear about your loss. I met you at Prelude last year. All we can do is cherish the memories that we have and know that we'll get to see them again someday. Hope to see you soon.

Sean
                        Sean Cooper
                        [URL="http://www.mossycreekmess.com"]http://www.mossycreekmess.com[/URL]
                        SCAR

Comment

I have posted some pictures from Resaca on the Armory Guards Website (www.armoryguards.org). Thanks to Herb for taking a few shots. If anyone else has any they would like me to post send them on. Thanks again to everyone that supported our Federal Campaign Company.
                          [FONT=Times New Roman][b]Tripp Corbin[/b][/FONT]
                          [URL=http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/]Western Independent Grays[/URL]
                          [URL=http://www.armoryguards.org/]Armory Guards[/url]

Comment

Tripp,

Looks good - thanks for posting those. See you tomorrow at Pickett's Mill. -Garrett
                            Garrett W. Silliman

[I]Don't Float the Mainstream[/I]
                            [SIZE="1"]-Sweetwater Brewing Company, Atlanta, GA[/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
                            X