Feds at Marmadukes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Feds at Marmadukes

Scott Busenbark is from Indiana and is attending the event. Contact him. But you have to register for Co.A of the 32nd Iowa. :)

Holler
    Nathan Hellwig
    AKA Harrison "Holler" Holloway
    "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Comment

I implore ALL men going federal to register ASAP for this event.
      Rations must be made and we NEED a head count. If you are going PLEASE do not wait for the last minute to register.
      Thanks
      Terry Sorchy

Comment

Sent my registraion via snail mail yesterday for Co. A. I am looking forward to this event big time. No more fence sitting here. My pards and I are lighting a fire under the other fellows we know who are intrested.

Respectfully....
        Sean Collicott
        Your humble servant....
        Sean Collicott
        [URL="www.sallyportmess.itgo.com"]Sally Port Mess[/URL]
        [URL="http://oldnorthwestvols.org/onv/index.php"]Old Northwest Volunteers[/URL]

Comment

Gents,
          When this event was planned there was great excitment about it on the Federal side.
          That is one reason we made three company's for the event. Right now we have 47 registered. That is half of what was expected. We have three company's of 30 men to make up.
          I cannot say enough of what this event will be in terms of a true to life experience for you men.
          Here is the frustrating thing I am up against. I can make the best rations up youve ever had. We can come up with the best scenarios that have been devised yet. We can have it in a place looking pretty much as it did during the war. But we NEED YOU to carry it out. Putting it simply if you dont come we dont have an event. You cannot have an event like this with fifty men per side. It just does not cut it. Patterson is very centrally located for everyone. If we can put together a Battalion for Outpost, BGR, and New Hope, then we sure as heck should not have this much trouble putting one together for Marmadukes.
          Its up to you, many of these very fine events are put together by the same groups or portions of such groups. The harder it is to get men for the events the less motivated the event sponsors will be to putting them on.
          I hate to beg but if thats what it takes to get men off the fence then I will. YOU are what we need for Marmadukes. And we need to know ASAP if you are coming.
          Thanks
          Terry Sorchy
          Last edited by Terry Sorchy; 08-19-2008, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Come on Men!!

I have been looking forward to this event since it was first announced! There are a handful of men from Michigan coming (11 hour drive) and they are really excited about getting to their first quality event. Forget gas prices! If we don’t attend great events the terrorist win! Seriously whatever your attendance roadblock is lets find a way around it.

The AC now has 5,578 users. Regardless of the motive or background of the users there has to be at least 50 more men out there to fill out the Federal numbers for this outstanding event.

Get in those registrations!!!! (and mark yourself for Company A...ok shameless plug over:p).

If there is someone on the way from Michigan (not sure exactly what that way is yet) we might have an empty seat I will offer up. I will know for sure after this weekend.
            Respectfully,

Jeremy Bevard
            Civil War Digital Digest
            Sally Port Mess

Comment

Terry,
              I'm right there with you on this. We, (you , me, and the rest of the crew) just spent 12hrs+ in a car to go to the LH at Antietam this past weekend and it was great. How did we do it? 5 guys in one SUV. Was it expensive? Not with 5 people. Was it worth it? You bet. It was with some of the best guys I've spent time with in the hobby, period. If you are worried about how much the price of gas is..., there is a simple solution; ride with pards. If you don't know any of the folks on the registered list so you're not sure about attending; take the chance. If you need to share a ride, post the need for a ride and don't set at home. If you said "I'm in", get that registration in. This is for both sides Feds and Confeds, get off the fence and get in the game.
              Robert Gobtop
              Ol Sipley Mess
              ONV
              Proud Member of the S*** A** Platoon BGR

Comment

The car ride with pards is almost as fun and more memory filled then the event! We had four men and all our gear packed in my Neon to go out to AHT! Not sure we could have gotten another canteen in the trunk and one man rode with hardee hats on his lap. But we had a great time doing it and it made the event trip cheap!

So, arrange some fun with pards and hit a great event in MO while you are at it!
                Respectfully,

Jeremy Bevard
                Civil War Digital Digest
                Sally Port Mess

Comment

We still have slots open for anyone that wants to come. We have one company full but are still looking for more men in company's D and F.
                  Cheers:D
                  Terry Sorchy

Comment

Working...
                  X