Co. D, 32nd Iowa...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Co. D, 32nd Iowa...

Cherry Bounce............There was Cherry Bounce?

He said "Cheery" nor "Cherry." I recall that moment distinctly, and though doing my best to make the most of being OoG before early dawn, I don't think I'd use "cheery" for my disposition.

Sergt. Heath, you know me better than that. I was on duty. I wouldn't have been drinking.

Jim Moffet

Comment

Jim,

So, now we have a hint as to the location of the missing funnel, too. This gets better and better all the time.

INSERT SMILEY EMOTICON HERE
      [B]Charles Heath[/B]
      [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

I suppose I am "Lt Coffee"?... Yep all that "brown water" was appreciated by the men friday night!

cheers
        [B][I]Skip Owens[/I][/B]

EMAIL:[EMAIL="saltwaterboy01@gmail.com"]saltwaterboy01@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

[U]Southern Guard Living History Assn.
        [URL="http://www.southernguard.org"]http://www.southernguard.org[/URL]

The Company of Military Historians[/U]

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Moffet View Post
          Sergts Lichty and Goff,
          Gads, I must have been sleep deprived when I wrote that!

Should read "Sergts Leichty and WILLAR"

I certainly didn't mean to slight you, Nathan. You're too good a friend, and did too good a job for Comp. D at Marmaduke's Raid!

Jim Moffet

Comment

And in other news I have the worst case of chiggers I have ever had in my life. Its like they knew I was a New England Yankee and conducted a massed two pronged assault.
            I am, etc.
            Thomas Gingras
            Awkward Squad Mess
            Columbia Rifles
            Honorary SRR "Yankee"

Comment

Tommy- my chigger bites swelled-up my ankles so as to make it more difficult to put on my shoes for work this morning...

... so they must be North/South neutral... LOL :D

All the best- The Obvious Captain
              Johnny Lloyd
              John "Johnny" Lloyd
              Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
              SCAR
              Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
              Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
              Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
              Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Well, Johnny,
                The bugs haven't touched me at all. Maybe they don't like the taste of the Old Bay seasoning the comes out of the pores of all native sons of the Eastern Shore. Or else my socks were just too nasty for them to deal with. Hard to say, but may be an argument for never washing one's socks...

Billy Birney
                William Birney
                Columbia Rifles

"The OTB is made up of the dregs of humanity, the malcontents, the bit*#ers and moaners, the truth tellers, the rebellious, etc. In other words, the ones that make good soldiers when the firing starts or the marching gets tough. The $&#*$& is run by parade ground, paper collar soldiers, the ones that pee on themselves when a car backfires and would be better fit for counting beans and puffying up their own egos and kissing each others @$(#*$*..."
                Thomas "Uncle Tom" Yearby, 20 March 2009

Comment

Dang!!!
                  Rock's, Chiggers...I thought the chiggers were normal too. I used to play with them with I was a kid.
                  Frank
                  Frank Aufmuth
                  When you hear my whistle, Hell will be upon you.

Comment

Dang!!! Rock's, Chiggers...I thought the chiggers were normal too. I used to play with them with I was a kid. Frank
                    There may have been chiggers there Frank, but nothing like the great chigger assault at Vicksburg last year. Maybe the Missouri chiggers are a bit more playful than their Mississippi bretheren after all.
                    ERIC TIPTON
                    Former AC Owner

Comment

Yeah, but those Mo-state Chiggers sure gave me the Chigger POX, I am healing nicely now. At least I don't have to bath in caladrly lotion as offen. It gives me some thought what the real soldiers of the ACW (AOP) when through on the road to Richmond, " a great seech army of wood ticks and chiigers invaded our camp". Dealing with that for 4 years.
                      Aka
                      Wm Green :D
                      Illegitimi non carborundum
                      (Don’t let the bastards grind you down!)

Dreaming of the following and other events

Picket Post
                      Perryville

The like to do a winter camp.....hint hint...

Comment

Jim,
                        It's called old timers....
                        Brian Baird

Comment

Originally posted by elcid01 View Post
                          I suppose I am "Lt Coffee"?... Yep all that "brown water" was appreciated by the men friday night!
                          Skip,

Yes! You are "Lt. Coffee." Thank you for taking care of the boys in "needacuppajoe" land. I set a kettle of coffee by the road Saturday night, and a number of perplexed fellows would stop, scratch their heads at which kettle was coffee vs several other vile substances, and then they'd get a cup of something hot, brown, and still steaming. That seemed to work well.

Funny how that 18" path became a "road" by Saturday evening....
                          [B]Charles Heath[/B]
                          [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

yes the lil trail we started on Thur Night ended up being a full up "road" on sunday am.. I had a feeling that given a small federal BN and about 2-3 times running around the path it would turn into a road. Interesting to think tha 70ish soldiers put that much of a hurtin on the land, now take a 30,000 man army.. Geesh!

Cheers.. and ill take Lt Coffee as a good nick name anyday.. its a officers job to look out for the men, even if its just a cup of "brown steamy water" ha ha..

skip (Lt Coffee)
                            [B][I]Skip Owens[/I][/B]

EMAIL:[EMAIL="saltwaterboy01@gmail.com"]saltwaterboy01@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

[U]Southern Guard Living History Assn.
                            [URL="http://www.southernguard.org"]http://www.southernguard.org[/URL]

The Company of Military Historians[/U]

Comment

That is a good nick name. Better than "The Coffee Jonah" which I almost earned when I almost stepped in the coffee pot on Saturday morning. Mr. Heath I'm very happy the rope you produced to hang myself with should I have knocked it over was not needed.:confused_

Respectfully....
                              Sean Collicott
                              Your humble servant....
                              Sean Collicott
                              [URL="www.sallyportmess.itgo.com"]Sally Port Mess[/URL]
                              [URL="http://oldnorthwestvols.org/onv/index.php"]Old Northwest Volunteers[/URL]

Comment

Working...
                              X