Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thanks to all!!

Gents,

Thanks to the planners for an excellent event Coley, Tripp, John, Robbie, Steve, Pat, Mr. Wooten and anyone I am forgetting. The 2008 event offered many excellent experiences among those the pioneers, hearing the grumblings of the men due to lack of rations, and portraying the 29th Ohio during their actions at New Hope Church was excellent. By the way, the rations were planned to be as the 29th Ohio experienced and everyone did a good job of getting by with what was offered on Saturday morning.

Many thanks to Steve Acker whom did a splendid job as the federal commander, Jim Butler whom was excellent in his role of adjutant, Ken Giddens, Terry Sorchy, Steve Ewing, Pat Craddock, and Paul Jerram for being top notch to work with during the weekend. Also many thanks to Buddy Jowers for his help in keeping the federal battalion organized with bugle calls. All of the above were a pleasure to serve with during the event and thanks again to Steve for having me as a member of your staff.

To the first sergeants on the federal side, a job well done comrades! You made my role as Sgt. Major a very good one and kept the battalion organized and in good order. My cap is off to you gents and thank you for your efforts.

To the men of the federal battalion, thank you for your efforts and looking forward to serve with you all again.

Tom
    Tom Klas
    Hard Head Mess
    Citizens Guard

Comment

Originally posted by Mtn.Guerilla View Post
      Yea, kind of the cool thing the about the suprise attack was that, many of us purposely left off our jackets, hats, and the like, to give somewhat of an "aint' nothing going to happen feel". I myself had my jacket over my accouterments (which I later found, was historically accurite to the Atlanta campaign, in fact) and left my hat off. The latter, mainly because I knew we'd be moving fast both in advance and retreat.

You make a right amaible prisoner too! Sorry I couldnt hang on to you a jaw for a bit, but at that moment, unless you had food, a prisoner was about as useful as a pig with side pockets. Nice to meet you.

Mr.Klas, thanks for your service over the weekend and as a compliment to your impression, on multiple times throughout the weekend you reminded me of a MSGT that impressed me while on a KFOR rotation. You really captured the essence of a veteran senior NCO, thanks for the help with the canteens. -ELI GEERY, Company E
      -ELI GEERY- Corinthian No. 414-F&AM
      "The Dippin' Gourd Mess" (FOUNDER)
      "Original MOOCOWS Board of directors member"
      "The Bully Boys"
      "The Hard Case Boys"
      "The Independant Mess"
      29th Infantry DIV/OEF/OJG Veteran
      3d Iinfantry DIV/OIF Veteran

Comment

This was a good event becasue we had good people, now it is time for an AAR.

Comment

Hi Eli,

Thanks for the kind words and glad to be a help with filling those canteens. I wanted to make sure no one was being left out of water especially when it was getting harder to find. You all did an excellent job in helping each other out and following the protocal for filling the canteens. I have not heard of anyone getting the quick step from the water so far.

Thanks,

Tom
          Tom Klas
          Hard Head Mess
          Citizens Guard

Comment

Tripp,

You know, I went to Port Gibson and thought it was the best, then TAG, and then OUTPOST, then I went to Picketts Mill, nothing but good came from this event, because , we had the best people there.

Comment

"You make a right amaible prisoner too! Sorry I couldnt hang on to you a jaw for a bit, but at that moment, unless you had food, a prisoner was about as useful as a pig with side pockets. Nice to meet you."

Eli,nice to meet you as well. You were an amiable prisoner also , the full 3 seconds that you were captured. I kind of had my heart set on some hard crackers, until I realized I was the only fool holding our left flank, and about 20 of your buddies piled over the works. Although I was able to " escape" thru the gully and join our lines on top of the ridge, just in time for the Federal charge. No rest for the wicked, I guess.
              Eric N. Harley-Brown
              Currently known to associate with the WIG/AG

"It has never been fully realized, nor appreciated by the people of the North-the great part in preserving the Union, the brave, loyal,and patriotic Union men, in the mountainous parts of the Southern states, rendered" - Orderly Sgt. Silas P. Woodall (2nd grt. grnd...) member of "Kennemers Union Scouts & Guides"-organized in Woodville, Alabama 1863.

Comment

Working...
              X