Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Athens AAR

Originally posted by Terry Sorchy View Post
    Sorry for the delay of breakfast but saturday the wood was green, and sunday I was pretty tired. Anyway 9:00 fit the schedule with the civilians and the military.
    Will report more later.
    Cheers ans still unpacking
    Terry Sorchy
    Mr Sorchy, I don't believe anyone can complain about the excellent food you and yours fixed up. It was certainly one of the top highlights of the weekend. The nice ladies who delivered Sunday breakfast to us poor tradesmen by the road were a welcome sight!

Jason
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Jason Huether[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    Lazy Skinner's Society

[I]If the Republic goes down in blood and ruin, let its obituary be written thus: "Died of West Point."[/I]
    Brig Gen James A Garfield, 1862

Comment

Re: Athens AAR

All,

The weather was not typical of past Athens events, not a complate at all. Everyone past Athens veteran commented on how cool the weather was opposed to those extremely hot Athens events of past. So that was a big plus.

The event flowed rather well, including both battles on Saturday and Sunday. Now granted, by Sunday afternoon as we were marshalling for battle, I was getting plumb sick. By the time I got home, I was pretty much feeling like yesterday's dog yummies; took me a few days off work to recooperate fully.

Terry and Nancy, thank you so much for your Saturday evening hospitality. The wine, cakes and commaraderie was greatly appreciated.

Brother Larry Brenton, and his Lady Deborah, thanks for all the information you provided on the Athens Masonic Lodge. It was great to be able to share this information with the other Brothers during our Saturday night gathering and I will do some more research into this Lodge's history.

Silvana, and Anna..aka "The Cherry Bounce girls," thanks for your kind words regarding us Taters. We were sorry to hear of Anna's car incident, but relieve and happy that she was able to make the event. Thanks again for the pie left on the window sill, and for the Washington pie.

And a big round of applause for Charles Hoskins and Mitch Critel. Thanks for putting together one bully event; I know I enjoyed every minute of it.
      Michael A. Kupsch, 32°
      Grand Junior Warden, Grand Lodge of Kansas AF & AM
      Past Master Wyandotte Lodge #03

[email]tatermess_mike@yahoo.com[/email]
      The Tater Mess
      The Widow's Son Mess
      WIG's
      [url]http://members.tripod.com/the_tater_mess/[/url]

Comment

Working...
      X