Hoosiers at Gettsyburg! 12-14 June 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hoosiers at Gettsyburg! 12-14 June 2009

Hmmm, may have to drive the hour over to take a gander. When I hunt I usually head over that way to the Natl forest near there, I also fish over that way sometimes. Holiday World is also fun, especially if you like water rides which they have a lot of. Kids are already buggin me over the place.
    Clark Badgett
    [url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member14302.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Charles,

I certainly hope that that message isn't entirely accurate! Is it? I know I'm just portraying the lowly private in this one, but I'm sure that, as the sergeant, you have a plan.

Neil Randolph
      1st WV
      Last edited by nrandolph; 05-11-2009, 05:31 PM. Reason: punctuation

Comment

Neil,

Art Stone and Joey Bordonaro have the grand plan, but we have a fairly easy weekend with just four meals, generally good firewood, and a stationary camp. Due to NPS rules, we can't dig a real army firepit, but the standard old camp kettles will do just fine in the fire, as they would over a slit trench.

I understand you have a certain contribution via Alabama in mind for the breakfast Saturday morning, and either Food Lion or Kenny's Market will be enlisted to provide the "fresh" matter. It needs to be so fresh as to almost have a pulse. The sweet gals in Winterville NC are working hard to take care of one of the special ration items (not as special as the COI special rations or the highly informative breakfast educational presentation -- sorry) at a 15% discount, and Sunday morning's breakfast may see a encore of the 2006 2nd Bull Run NPS LH breakfast, but with a different meat. Somewhere there is a big bag of rice, too. Imagine that, a big bag of rice in this house.

That's the plan. In other news, I may have a new bacon vendor now that the mean old health inspector shut down my old bacon supplier. Mold is natural. Don't they teach that?
        [B]Charles Heath[/B]
        [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

Charles,
          I'd like to participate in this, but I can't figure out where (or what) the "files section of the listserver" is. Plus, I'm not a Yahoo groups member. Can I get my registration in some other way?
          -Randy
          Randy Valle

"Skimming lightly, wheeling still,
          The swallows fly low
          Over the fields in clouded days,
          The forest-field of Shiloh--"

-Herman Melville

sigpic

Comment

Randy,
            Send me a message to my email ( beatlefans1@verizon.net ) and I'll send you an email with the registration form attached.
            -Joe Bordonaro
            Joe Bordonaro

Comment

Gents,

I ordered the rations of meat yesterday, 60lb. of slab bacon and spiced roast beef. With taters & onions plus snap beans! I know Mr. Heath will uses his culinary wizardry with the rations. As of now we have 50 registered troops. Walkon's are welcome with a $20.00 registration fee. Just email Joey B. and let him know your coming. All we need on is good weather, but the show will go on rain or shine.

Hoosier's, on your feet !
              Art Stone
              13th N.J.V.
              Co."K"
              " Rally, Boys Rally"
              Last order from Cpt. H.C. Irish at Antietam

Comment

Still looking for a ride from central Indiana if anyone from around here is going...other ride possibility had other plans that weekend.
                -Clay Pendleton
                Clay N. Pendleton
                Muncie, Ind.
                Memberships:
                CWPT, NTHP, AASLH, AAM, Phi Alpha Theta, NAWCC

Comment

Friends,
                  This living history is being dedicated to the memory of Charles Heath, our friend and mentor. He was going to be our company commander. One of my most recent, and fondest, memories of Charles was making a walk-through with him of the route of our planned recreation of the 1st Texas march to Devil's Den. Even though he won't be there physically I'm sure he'll be there with us in spirit. The event will go on because I know he would want it to.
                  -Joe Bordonaro
                  PS The new message board for the event is here:

Feel free to join the message board for info on the event.
                  Joe Bordonaro

Comment

Just wanted to say 'thanks' to the 13th New Joysee/Stockton Guard for a great LH this past weekend. These boys know what they're doing, and I'm looking forward to the next one. Thanks, gentlemen.

Bill Birney
                    CRs
                    William Birney
                    Columbia Rifles

"The OTB is made up of the dregs of humanity, the malcontents, the bit*#ers and moaners, the truth tellers, the rebellious, etc. In other words, the ones that make good soldiers when the firing starts or the marching gets tough. The $&#*$& is run by parade ground, paper collar soldiers, the ones that pee on themselves when a car backfires and would be better fit for counting beans and puffying up their own egos and kissing each others @$(#*$*..."
                    Thomas "Uncle Tom" Yearby, 20 March 2009

Comment

Thanks Bill !
                      Thanks to all the lads that attend our event. No rain and a great group of people that were there to honor the 27th Ind. Vol's. I can still hear the Regiment in McAllister's Woods before the Demo...Hooooooooooooooooooosier !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Charles Heath would have been proud! Now to Harper's Ferry then the 1st Texas at G-Burg

Thanks to all !

Your Pard,
                      Art :D
                      Art Stone
                      13th N.J.V.
                      Co."K"
                      " Rally, Boys Rally"
                      Last order from Cpt. H.C. Irish at Antietam

Comment

Working...
                      X