145th Battle of Atlanta LH July 17-19th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 145th Battle of Atlanta LH July 17-19th

I had a fantastic time, Thanks to all of the organizers and the Armory Guards for their great hospitality. It was a great weekend. Herb the weather was fabulous. Please work your magic for Bummers!!!
    [SIZE=0]PetePaolillo
    ...ILUS;)[/SIZE]

Comment

I sure had a great time and can't thank Herb, Tripp, Mr. Mitchell and all the Armory Guards together with Jim Butler and the Salt River Rifles enough.

There seemed to be a pretty good visitor interest and questions on the early banjos and music (and I am a banjo hack !!!!). I really enjoyed the night jam with Kiev on the bones and Pete / Marvin belting out those lead vocals.

Comment

Be on the lookout for two new books: "Spooning with Dummies" by M.A. Greer and "My Life with the Costume Store Femi-Colonel" by J. Butler. And remember Wildcats- "Think Blue"
        Ross L. Lamoreaux
        rlamoreaux@tampabayhistorycenter.org

"...and if profanity was included in the course of study at West Point, I am sure that the Army of the Cumberland had their share of the prize scholars in this branch." - B.F. Scribner, 38th Indiana Vol Inf

Comment

Ross left out "Rebel Forever...I aint Forgot the Confed" by Rebel McFarb
          Marvin Greer
          Snake Nation Disciples

"Now bounce the Bullies!" -- Lt. David Cornwell 9th Louisiana Colored Troops, Battle of Milliken's Bend.

sigpic

Comment

I had a great time over the weekend. It was great to hang out with everyone again and meet a few others in person. The weather was the best we could hope for. Thanks again for another great trip to Georgia.
            Derek Carpenter
            Starr's Battery

"First at Bethel, farthest at Gettysburg and Chickamauga, last at Appomattox"

Comment

Originally posted by Mgreer View Post
              Ross left out "Rebel Forever...I aint Forgot the Confed" by Rebel McFarb
              How could I ever forget that! Someone gave it two thumbs up! It was great seeing you again up there Marvin. Hope my funnin' with you didn't get too old
              Ross L. Lamoreaux
              rlamoreaux@tampabayhistorycenter.org

"...and if profanity was included in the course of study at West Point, I am sure that the Army of the Cumberland had their share of the prize scholars in this branch." - B.F. Scribner, 38th Indiana Vol Inf

Comment

"Please work your magic for Bummers!!! "

Double P, I'll see if I can conjure up 45 degree weather dipping into the land of freezing with random bouts of rain and snow. Gotta love Georgia weather in November.

It was good to meet you, and it was good to see Chris Rideout back in action again.

The Good: Great impressions, good interpretation on all sides, great spectator interest, high ups in the neigborhood want us back!

The Bad: I can't control what the visitors wear, So Marvin's "new buddy" and The She-Colonel had every right to visit. With the obvious low key grumbling, all participants were top notch pros about this issue.
                Herb Coats
                Armory Guards &
                WIG

Comment

Originally posted by Coatsy View Post
                  "Please work your magic for Bummers!!! "

Double P, I'll see if I can conjure up 45 degree weather dipping into the land of freezing with random bouts of rain and snow. Gotta love Georgia weather in November.

I cant wait I will bring my scarve and mittens:D:....I have some more pics for the AG website if you would like them.
                  [SIZE=0]PetePaolillo
                  ...ILUS;)[/SIZE]

Comment

It's great to have this level of cross border support between our groups. It was the first event for our newest member Tyler Scott and it was good to demonstrate field skills to him as well.

The Siege lines, were impressive and it's too bad they can't be enlarged, the hosts and visitors were outstanding and the local press was very polite and friendly. I like the couple that showed up with the bulldog and the guy was wearing a "Georgia Tech" t-shirt.

In regard to Mr. Rebel Forever, I asked him who his Confederate Ancestors were. He did not know, instead he liked the Confederates because of what they fought for in regards to "modern" politics. I replied that if he really wanted to honor those men, he would write their story and preserve their history. Wearing a cheap t-shirt doesn't impress anyone.

In regards t o our lady Cavalry officer she stated that she wanted to volunteer with the AHC and that's a good way to learn. That's the whole point of an LH, educating folks and encouraging them to get involved.
                    Gregory Deese
                    Carolina Rifles-Living History Association

http://www.carolinrifles.org
                    "How can you call yourself a campaigner if you've never campaigned?"-Charles Heath, R. I. P.

Comment

Pete P, yes please send the photos my way.
                      Herb Coats
                      Armory Guards &
                      WIG

Comment

Speaking of photos, I have posted several on the Armory Guard website. They include some of our private Cyclorama Tour on Sunday. It is amazing to see that painting up close. You really get an idea of how truly grand it is.

Now on a more personal note. This was a special event for me. This was the first time I was able to portray my Great Great Grandfathers unit the 66th GA Company A. So it really meant a lot to me that we had folks willing to come from all over to attend this event and that put the effort into making sure their impressions were dead on. That goes for everyone Federal and Confederate alike. I was proud to be part our group this weekend and I know the men we honored appreciated it as well. Thank you all!!
                        [FONT=Times New Roman][b]Tripp Corbin[/b][/FONT]
                        [URL=http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/]Western Independent Grays[/URL]
                        [URL=http://www.armoryguards.org/]Armory Guards[/url]

Comment

I too had a great time. Thanks for everyone's willing assistance and instruction. I don't think I could have asked for a better first experience at living history.
                          Tyler D. Scott

Comment

Tripp, et' al,

I am really sorry I had to miss this. It looks and sounds like y'all had a great time. I did have a nice visit with Scott Malone out on Parris Island Friday though.

Did you ever acquire that book owned by your GGGrandfather?
                            Galen Wagner
                            Mobile, AL

Duty is, then, the sublimest word in our language.Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less. -Col. Robert E.Lee, Superintendent of USMA West Point, 1852

Comment

Tyler

It was great meeting you. You are well on your way with guys like Pete and Greg helping you along. Hope to see you at Bummers.
                              Last edited by PetePaolillo; 07-21-2009, 02:34 PM.
                              [SIZE=0]PetePaolillo
                              ...ILUS;)[/SIZE]

Comment

I did aquire my GG Grandfather's copy of Gilhams. I had it at the event along with his sword. I have posted a few pics over on my facebook page if anyone is interested.
                                [FONT=Times New Roman][b]Tripp Corbin[/b][/FONT]
                                [URL=http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/]Western Independent Grays[/URL]
                                [URL=http://www.armoryguards.org/]Armory Guards[/url]

Comment

Working...
                                X