Bummers On-Site Planning Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bummers On-Site Planning Weekend

Just an update to everyone. A couple of us Ohio boys are headed down to Jawja this weekend to meet at the site, do some hiking, plan scenario, map and get photos. We will have some updates to pass along as well as more site photos. Some photos may even contain thongs. You never know. We will also have announcements regarding military structure very soon.

Check back to this folder for more details. I'm going to go and get my copperhead repellent. ;)
    ERIC TIPTON
    Former AC Owner

Re: Bummers On-Site Planning Weekend

Eric and Ken survived the site walk and meeting. No copperheads were harmed as well. Ticks only jumped onto me and I just tossd them out the window on my way back to the "compound" for our meeting.

The march routes are set so get in shape now. (You'll need to be in good condition still after Into the Piney Woods) I cannot stress being in shape enough for this event. The Central Georgia Skunk Ape does roam around the area so anyone who falls out might be left to its mercy There are parts of the route that change elevation quite quickly so make sure NOW that your hoof covers are in good order. Or go ahead get the new ones you've been wanting now.

Read the source material that we've provided from the website. Everything that occurs at Bummers will come from the original source. Don't worry folks your knapsacks will be safe.

Folks that want to go as Federals: Read up on what Sherman's men did during the early stages of the March to the Sea. Expect the unexpected.

Georgia loven' Militia minded people: Read "Joe Brown's Pets" by Scaife and Bragg. I am not kidding when I say that it is THE source for the Georgia Militia.

ET will post more thong pictures. Thong Ridge will be a challenge for all.

Keep looking for more information in the coming weeks.
    Herb Coats
    Armory Guards &
    WIG

Comment

I have burnt through the entire bibliography on y'alls website (w/ the exception of the entire ORs!)

I am looking forward to the AARs and pics to hear what excerpts from Joe Brown's Pets are recreated.

This event, by my study /estimation is an amazing piece of Deep South history to recreate.

Envious doesn't begin to describe my feelings.

Y'all keep it up.... you're doin' a fine job !

Comment

I'm not sure they did survive Herb. I have not heard from them since their leaving. Poor Buckeye's in Georgia, they didn't know what hit them.

Really i'm just excited to hear and see more about the event site.

[QUOTE=Coatsy;116541]Eric and Ken survived the site walk and meeting. No copperheads were harmed as well. Ticks only jumped onto me and I just tossd them out the window on my way back to the "compound" for our meeting.
        sigpic
        Grandad Wm. David Lee
        52nd Tenn. Reg't Co. B

"If You Ain't Right, Get Right!"
        - Uncle Dave Macon

www.40thindiana.wordpress.com/

Comment

Boozie:

We survived. It was a terribly taxing weekend for us down there.... staying at Jordan's lakehouse to plan... going out the boat, swimming, good food. It was pure hell. Did get some chigger bites, but my worst injury was from attempting for the first time to boogey board. After being dragged through the water four times, my arms are sore as hell. ;)

We did get to see quite a bit of the site this time around and we think that you guys are going to enjoy it. As Herb said, we managed to get some routes solidified and we did quite a bit of work on the scenario. Our goal is that everything that happens next year will be something that actually happened. There is just a TON of material available and we have already put in alot of research.

We will have some major announcements very soon regarding registration, military structure, preservation, etc. We are in the process of talking to a few people and will have more soon.

As far as photos, I'll have some up in the next day or so. I don't have my camera with me right now, so I can't post any, so y'all are just going to have to settle for another thong photo. Enjoy!
          Attached Files
          ERIC TIPTON
          Former AC Owner

Comment

Herb,

In the news this moring it was stated 2 men in north Georgia discovered a 7 foot, 500 pound body in the woods. Could it be Skunk Ape?

If there was one there are others and they may seek revenge at their loss when the opprtunity arises. A soldier on pickett duty at 2:30 am...alone...in the dark...a slight rustle of leaves, hearing the heavy thud of footsteps getting closer and closer with a stride too long to be human...:cry_smile
            Carrie Craddock

Comment

Carrie:

Yep, it looks like in addition to scorpions, copperheads and ticks (who seem to love northern flesh), we now have the skunk ape to contend with. See the attached photo for confirmation. He must have been looking for the girl in the thong.

Be afraid... be very afraid. ;)
              Attached Files
              ERIC TIPTON
              Former AC Owner

Comment

Eric,your latest thong picture was just sick.Come on,I just ate.It was good going down,but not good coming up.
                So should we be prepared to fix bayonets for the skunk ape?
                Cullen Smith
                South Union Guard

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake"~W.C. Fields

"When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."~Michaleen Flynn [I]The Quiet Man[/I]

Comment

Say Eric, when you were taking the pic of that footprint, did you notice any of the mother's prints too?
                  Just a private soldier trying to make a difference

Patrick Peterson
                  Old wore out Bugler

Comment

Okay,
                    That thong photo was just nasty! Come on now fellers!!
                    Christopher E. McBroom, Capt.
                    16th Ark. Infantry - 1st Arkansas Battalion, C.S.A.

Little Rock Castle No. 1
                    Order of Knights of the Golden Circle

Comment

Yeah, the thong photo was a real "Bummer"!

Couldn't resit :p.
                      Last edited by Ken Cornett; 08-17-2008, 10:30 AM.
                      Ken Cornett
                      MESS NO.1
                      Founding Member
                      OHIO
                      Mason Lodge #678, PM
                      Need Rules?

Comment

Seriously folks, we think we will pull off a winner for this event!
                        Last edited by Ken Cornett; 08-17-2008, 10:31 AM.
                        Ken Cornett
                        MESS NO.1
                        Founding Member
                        OHIO
                        Mason Lodge #678, PM
                        Need Rules?

Comment

Working...
                        X