Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BUMMERS Registration Open!

Hello There:

Here We Go!!!!! We are extremely proud to announce that registration for the BUMMERS 2009 event is now open! To register for the event, please go to the registration page of the web site by CLICKING HERE.

To sign up for a particular foraging party on the Federal side, or a company on the Militia side, here are your contacts. Please contact the lead person of either the foraging party that you want to join or the Militia Company.

Preservation Torches - You will notice that one of the options when you register is to purchase a “Preservation Torch” for an additional $12.00. These torches are made according to period methods and might come in quite handy at the event - especially if you are a Bummer. The torches will be delivered at the event for those who purchase them. Matt Woodburn is in charge of the event fund-raising and you will hear more from him very soon.

If you have any questions about registration, please contact Ken Cornett at bummers2009@yahoo.com.

BUMMERS FORAGING PARTY STRUCTURE

1ST DIVISION, XV CORPS - Western Independent Grays - Ranking Officer - Captain Tripp Corbin - trippcor@bellsouth.net - Minimum of Twenty Men in Each Foraging Party

1) 97th Indiana (Spencer Rifles) WIG - Pat Craddock - craddock64@aol.com.
    2) 4th Iowa - WIG - Pat Landrum - westernpicket63@yahoo.com.
    3) 76th Ohio - Mess #1 - Terry Winders - twinders@cinci.rr.com.
    4) 12th Indiana - Kaelin Vernon - kaelin.vernon@gmail.com, Bill Backus - wbackus1864@yahoo.com.
    5) 1st Missouri Engineers (Henry Rifles) - Matt Woodburn - RMWoodburn@aol.com, Justin Runyon - j.e.runyon@juno.com, Scott Busenbark - SBusenbark@crawfordsville-in.gov.
    6) 103rd Illinois (Rifled Muskets) - Brett Brumagin - bbrumagin@yahoo.com.

1st Division Note - We have listed the primary weapon historically used by the units being portrayed. It is requested that anyone joining the parties with known historic weapons try and have the correct weapon. However it will not be required. Those without a specific weapon listed can carry any weapons listed on the event guidelines.
    2ND DIVISION, XV CORPS - Stonewall Brigade - Ranking Officer - Captain Craig Schneider - schncr02@gwmail.gwu.edu - Minimum of Twenty Men in Each Foraging Party.

1) 54th Ohio - Stonewall Brigade - Craig Schneider - schncr02@gwmail.gwu.edu.
    2) Regiment TBD - Liberty Rifles - Jeff Hayes - jrhayes2001@aol.com, Cody Harding - codyjharding@gmail.com.
    3) Regiment TBD - Rowdy Pards - Bill Cross, wscross214@verizon.net.
    4) 30th Ohio - Bob Minton - bminton@embarqmail.com, Bernie Biederman - bbiederm@columbus.rr.com.
    5) Regiment TBD - USV- Scot Buffington - buffusv@comcast.net. (Confirming that he is raising a Foraging Party)

3RD DIVISION, XV CORPS - Old Northwest Volunteers - Ranking Officer - Captain Terry Sorchy - terry_sorchy@hotmail.com - Minimum of Twenty Men in Each Foraging Party.

1) 4th Minnesota - Western Brigade - Rob Murray- rmmurray@charter.net.
    2) 10th Iowa - Nathan Hellwig - headlog@gmail.com.
    3) 93rd Illinois - Doug Cooper - douglas.g.cooper@smithbarney.com.
    4) 80th Ohio - Skip Owens - saltwaterboy01@gmail.com.
    5) 63rd Illinois - Rod Miller - rmhisteach@aol.com.
    6) 48th Indiana - Salt River Rifles - Jim Butler - unionguy1@comcast.net.
    7) 18th Wisconsin - Old Northwest - TBD - Until CO is picked, e-mail - terry_sorchy@hotmail.com.

11th GEORGIA MILITIA

1) Company “A” - Hunter Poythress - poythress4@cox.net - From Macon County, Ga. - 24-Man Cap
    2) Company “B” - Herb Coats - menion687@aol.com - From Sumter and Webster Counties, Ga. - 37-Man Cap
    3) Company “C” - Dave Hunter - nsrhq@aol.com - From Webster and Macon Counties, Ga. - 27-Man Cap
    4) Company “D” - Michael Comer - huntdaw@semo.net - From Sumter County, Ga. - 30-Man Cap
    5) Company “E” - Terry Hancock - hancockt2@jackson.k12.al.us - 30-Man Cap
    6) Engineer Detachment - Chris Henderson - henderson56ga@yahoo.com - 20-Man Cap

Founding Member - Mess No. 1
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    www.bummers09.com
    Last edited by Eric Tipton; 11-28-2008, 05:26 PM.
    ERIC TIPTON
    Former AC Owner

Re: BUMMERS Registration Open!

Folks, FYI- if you are using Firefox as for your internet connection, you'll need to go out and pull it up through Internet Explorer to get it to work right. I was scratching my head about why it wouldn't work right and that's what it was.:)
    Chris R. Henderson

Big'uns Mess/Black Hat Boys
    WIG/GVB
    In Memory of Wm. Davis Couch, Phillips Legion Cav. from Hall Co. GEORGIA

It's a trick, Gen. Sherman!...there's TWO of 'em! ~Lewis Grizzard

"Learning to fish for your own information will take you a lot further than merely asking people to feed you the info you want." ~Troy Groves:D

Comment

Hi,

I was having the same problem, but I fixed it by sending through my normal e-mail; with the registration form attached. Thanks
      Andrew Kasmar

Comment

For whatever reason, the button for the paypal registration payment is covered up with text when you're using Firefox and isn't usable but when you're on IE, it's just fine.
        Chris R. Henderson

WIG/GVB

"Learning to fish for your own information will take you a lot further than merely asking people to feed you the info you want." ~Troy Groves:D

Comment

Had to save document onto desktop, then fill it out, then save and email as an attachment.

See y'all there.
          Joel Phillips

Comment

Yep, if you need to save it to the desktop and attach it, that will work just fine. The registration e-mail is bummers2009@yahoo.com.

As far as the PayPal button, I had to do some formatting to get it to look right on the page. I will do some messing with it tonight and let you guys know when to check again through Firefox.

If anyone else has issues, just let us know in this thread and we will endeavor to fix them.
            ERIC TIPTON
            Former AC Owner

Comment

Mine is sent in. Ordered me a torch as well, I feel the heat coming down on Ga now.

Just as a heads up, only way I found to be able to save the document, using I.E, I had to close the document forcing my computer to ask me do I want to save it, before I could send it.
              Aka
              Wm Green :D
              Illegitimi non carborundum
              (Don’t let the bastards grind you down!)

Dreaming of the following and other events

Picket Post
              Perryville

The like to do a winter camp.....hint hint...

Comment

Folks, please send your registration as a separate attachment to bummers2009@yahoo.com . This will let me know which company or regiment you are falling in with! Also, please let me know if you paid via PayPal as some folks are paying for others and some account names do not match email addresses. Trying to make it easier for me! Thanks!

P.S. You must send it in WORD...not Word Perfect! Thanks! :)
                Ken Cornett
                MESS NO.1
                Founding Member
                OHIO
                Mason Lodge #678, PM
                Need Rules?

Comment

Matt Woodburn will be posting more information on preservation efforts the beginning of next week. Get yer torches here! Get yer torches!
                  ERIC TIPTON
                  Former AC Owner

Comment

Ironically named "Preservation Torches"... niiice.

Mr. Sorchy- the ablest commander in all of the Northland! I'm in for this one in your company too...

Huzzah!

All the best- Johnny Lloyd
                    Johnny Lloyd
                    John "Johnny" Lloyd
                    Think before you post... Rules on this forum here
                    SCAR
                    Known to associate with the following fine groups: WIG/AG/CR

"Without history, there can be no research standards.
                    Without research standards, there can be no authenticity.
                    Without the attempt at authenticity, all is just a fantasy.
                    Fantasy is not history nor heritage, because it never really existed." -Me

Proud descendant of...

Comment

Sent mine in. Let's keep those registrations rolling in.
                      [FONT=Times New Roman][b]Tripp Corbin[/b][/FONT]
                      [URL=http://www.westernindependentgrays.org/]Western Independent Grays[/URL]
                      [URL=http://www.armoryguards.org/]Armory Guards[/url]

Comment

Ironically named "Preservation Torches"... niiice.
                        Kind of like a group of Ohioans and Georgians getting together to wreak havoc again in Georgia to help preserve a Confederate collection of uniforms. ;)
                        ERIC TIPTON
                        Former AC Owner

Comment

If you're on FaceBook, I've just posted pics of some of the stuff in the DuBose Collection and a little taste of the Wray Collection. The Wray collection is well worth donating to.:wink_smil
                          Chris R. Henderson

WIG/GVB

Comment

I have IE, but I'm not seeing a link to the registration form. Can anyone help me out?
                            Frank Perkin

Comment

Sent mine in can,t wait.
                              I,ll need to make good use of that torch.

Will give Tim Bender a call and order a Hardee Hat.

Jason Tailford

Temperance Mess
                              AES.

Preservation March 2008.

Comment

Working...
                              X