Confederate Registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confederate Registration

Confederate registration is getting close to cut-off time for some companies. Please look at the registration list for an update. The companies have limits and I will announce them as soon as they close. It will be first come, first serve via electronic registration and mailed in registrations. Postmarks will not be a factor...it's which ever type gets to me first.

Case in point...Company A (Poythress) has one opening left before I close it. As soon as I see the next registration, it closes and I will announce it. If you are shut out of your company of choice, there are plenty of openings in a couple of the other companies. And, I will contact you as to which company to move you in to.

Remember, there are no refunds for this event. So be ready to select an alternate company if you don't get your choice.
    Ken Cornett
    MESS NO.1
    Founding Member
    OHIO
    Mason Lodge #678, PM
    Need Rules?

Re: Confederate Registration

How are y’all handling people who haven’t paid? As an example my company has 5 people listed as not paid yet and a couple if recall correctly have been on the list for quite some time in that status. If they have paid but are mislabeled then no worries but if someone hasn’t paid then should their spots be counted towards the cap? I don’t think people who have not paid should be counted towards the number cap of the company cause someone may just be riding the fence and holding a spot until they can make the final decision and then blocking others out from being in their company of choice.

Comment

Originally posted by joey12thga View Post
      ... someone may just be riding the fence and holding a spot until they can make the final decision and then blocking others out from being in their company of choice.

No way, dude! Nobody would do this! That would be so ... rude and unAmerican and unauthentic-like.
      Joe Smotherman

Comment

Joe, registration has been open nearly a year. There is no line and still a fair amount of room in various companies. Thus the reason for a September 30 deadline. Company commanders and party leaders will have time, and so will I, to hammer these folks. I did have a waiting list for Rich Mountain, but I am not going to do this for this event. It is a headache and I refuse to do it. I expect these respectable reenactors to "own up" to their registrations. There is a good chance I will put up a "pay by date", and it's also possible that the CS companies will run short of the caps. We will have a game plan come Oct.1.

Don't worry, I've done all of this before and it should work out. Working with caps is a pain in the butt, but dealing with a network of reenacting friends usually makes it happen :wink_smil.
        Ken Cornett
        MESS NO.1
        Founding Member
        OHIO
        Mason Lodge #678, PM
        Need Rules?

Comment

I was reading this thread and realized that I hadn't paid my registration. Payment sent online today. Thanks for the reminder!
          Luke Gilly
          Breckinridge Greys
          Lodge 661 F&AM

"May the grass grow long on the road to hell." --an Irish toast

Comment

My payment will be sent this week.
            Shawn Sturgill
            Governor Guards
            SCAR

Comment

Need to start getting the Militia companies rolling. We just recently hit 100 soldiers. As Herb might say, Defend Jawja, By Gawd! :D
              ERIC TIPTON
              Former AC Owner

Comment

Re: Confederate Registration "Company E"

Gentlemen just to add this conversation. If there are any men who are on the fence, and looking for a home in the Milita, please feel free to join the finest set of men, in Company E. We ONLY have 6 slots left, so now is the time to join your brothers in defending Georgia ! This promises a very different type of event and a once in a lifetime experience, so don't wait ! If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. Also be leery of those who offer you baked goods, it's a farse (just kidding Herb)
                Eric N. Harley-Brown
                Currently known to associate with the WIG/AG

"It has never been fully realized, nor appreciated by the people of the North-the great part in preserving the Union, the brave, loyal,and patriotic Union men, in the mountainous parts of the Southern states, rendered" - Orderly Sgt. Silas P. Woodall (2nd grt. grnd...) member of "Kennemers Union Scouts & Guides"-organized in Woodville, Alabama 1863.

Comment

I thought the Confederates were in Tennessee with the Gallant Hood of Texas?

I think you mean the lowly Georgia Militia.

Ken you should be ashamed of yourself! I am sending the ghost of Howell Cobb to haunt you.
                  Herb Coats
                  Armory Guards &
                  WIG

Comment

Gee, sorry Herb. I'll buy you a "soda" next time I see you just to make amends. Or is that a "coke"? "Pop" maybe. Dang, I forget...Coley told me what it was once.
                    Ken Cornett
                    MESS NO.1
                    Founding Member
                    OHIO
                    Mason Lodge #678, PM
                    Need Rules?

Comment

Ken,

Call it a "Dope".

A real Gawja boy with a Gawja grandmother will know what you are offering him.

Those that don't should be hung as spies.
                      Terre Hood Biederman
                      Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
                      Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Most any carbonated non-alcoholic beverage around here is a "Coke".
                        As in "what flavor Coke do you flavor?"
                        "Dope" is an entirely different matter...
                        Just a private soldier trying to make a difference

Patrick Peterson
                        Old wore out Bugler

Comment

Working...
                        X