Co. C - An invitation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co. C - An invitation

It struck me that while I had mentioned it on a couple other threads, I had not done a specific thread about folks signing up for Company C at Piney Woods.

So, please consider joining my company for this event. At BGR, I was in a Confederate company but thought I would see the other side of the fence at this event.

I promise I won't get you lost, we'll have great fun chasing Johnnies through the wilds of Louisiana and all pie liberated or acquired through other means will be generously distributed among the men.
    Michael Comer
    one of the moderator guys

Re: Co. C - An invitation

Just a gentle reminder.
    Michael Comer

Comment

Gents,
      Captain Comer is a fine man and a very fine leader. Dont let this opportunity slip past you to go to an outstanding event under such an excellent captain. Dont wait sign up boys!
      Cheers:D
      Terry Sorchy

Comment

Michael,

Be wary of that endorsement, as I have it on good account Terry has a twin brother serving with the Secesh back east. Evidence is in the photographic matter. Of course, that could be Charlie Denoon, too.
        Attached Files
        [B]Charles Heath[/B]
        [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

Hmmm, I see what you mean Charles. I might have to keep an eye on Mr. Sorchy and make sure he is a loyal Union man.
          Michael Comer

Comment

Chawls,
            That is my twin brother James. I am the more dapper of the two though. God Bless the Union!
            Cheers:D
            Terry Sorchy

Comment

Is that why you're in Texas this week?
              Rob Murray

Comment

Just a friendly reminder to join Co. C. You know you want to come to this event. Go ahead and get the registration in - you'll be glad you did.:)
                Michael Comer

Comment

Comrades - as one of the boys switching over to blue, I am psyched that Mike stepped up to command a company for Old Abe. Time to follow his example, step up as well, and contact all potential yanks who want something more in 2009.

If anyone has some pocket of yanks out west or elsewhere, send me their contact info.

To be blue in the Howling Wilderness is an experience you will never forget. This time I am keeping a daily diary so I can remember every little thing of real soldiering.

Mike Comer has something you can't buy or get elsewhere - the experience of commanding a hard hitting company at BGR...and he is good at chasing down the hare. Join him for the hunt!
                  Soli Deo Gloria
                  Doug Cooper

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Please support the CWT at www.civilwar.org

Comment

Wagon woes, cannot be in Woods

Gentleman,

My accursed white whale of a Bonneville's engine froze up after its intake manifold self-destructed and allowed the radiator's contents to mingle with the spark plugs. To repair or replace the engine will cost more than the blue book of a 1998 Pontiac ... sooooo, with regrets I know I will not be able to afford ITPW and this may also threaten my participation in Georgia next fall. let alone even local mainstream events.

Not so much a transportation issue as a $$$ problem. Sigh.

I will be contacting Holler and the other appropriate leaders about my predicament re ITPW.

I wish you all well in your endeavor this spring and I look forward to reading the AARs. Oh, the mortification!

Jeepers, Santa, wasn't a lump of coal enough this year???
                    Paul Hadley
                    Paul Hadley

Comment

Paul,
                      If transportaion to the event or funds are whats keeping you out maybe we can remedy it. I am sure you would do the same down the road. Problems always arise but the real test is can we overcome them. Remember this hobby is like a big family. Sometimes you need to lean on your family a little and someday they might lean on you. Dont give up the event yet.
                      Cheers
                      Terry Sorchy

Comment

Paul,

If you can get to Kansas City, I've got pards that can get you here, and from here everyone can ride with me.
                        Michael Comer

Comment

Thanks for the warm thoughts, Terry and Michael.

I had thought about contacting Huck and Old Cremona about letting a Yankee dog like me travel with them to the Big Show down south in March.

I'll see what develops. In the meantime, I will enjoy the Christmas holiday and remain thankful that we have a comfortable home and are gainfully employed. I tried to pay for gifts up front (thanks, Brother Blanket Master, for the lasting advice) this year, but suddenly needing a new engine definitely puts a crimp in the leisure plans.

May the new year bring us peace and contentment.
                          Paul Hoofin' It Fer Now Hadley
                          Paul Hadley

Comment

Happy to say I'll be sending in my registration for Mr. Comer's company this Friday.
                            Chris Suppelsa

Comment

Glad to have those on board who have signed up. This is a reminder for others that are planning to attend or thinking about attending - it would be nice to have you in Co. C. We will be aggressive against the enemy and give each participant a good immersive experience.

If you're sitting the fence, please get signed up. March is just around the corner and there are lots of arrangments need to be made by many people to make sure this event is something you'll always remember.
                              Michael Comer

Comment

Working...
                              X