Thank You Company B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thank You Company B

Don't worry Herb, Company G's retreat at the double quick from a sqaud of rebs was a good laugh for us too.

Brett "Homer" Keen
    Chicago
    [I]"Excessively spirited in the pranks and mischief of the soldier"[/I]

OEF 03-04 [I]Truth Through Exploitation[/I]

Comment

I would like to thank Mr. Holler, he was one af the few officers who (in first person) treated me as a man and not as a contraband.
      Marvin Greer
      Snake Nation Disciples

"Now bounce the Bullies!" -- Lt. David Cornwell 9th Louisiana Colored Troops, Battle of Milliken's Bend.

sigpic

Comment

Brett,

It was an epic retreat. Totally epic.
        Herb Coats
        Armory Guards &
        WIG

Comment

As for Captain Murray...I'dve put real money down to see that one...
          Seems I missed something.
          Rob Murray

Comment

I also wanted to thank Corporal Martin for his story on Tuesday night. It was a real pick me up. I miss all of you pards already!

Hog
            David B. Cravens
            Hairy Nation Boys
            Lumberjack mess

Comment

geez guys cut it out. you're making me feel like dr. phil. no but really, it says a lot about company b for me to not hardly know anyone and feel like i've known you all for 10+ years in a matter of 4 short days. everyone should be extremely proud of what was accomplished last week. i know am, and i know that i'm ready to do this all over again with company b next week. Serving as a cpl. in this company, with the talent of all involved was the easiest job imaginable.
              Andrew Martin
              GHTI/WIG

"Schedule... for anyone who gives a sh*t"
              150TH Manassas July 22-24 2011 (Highlight was finding a 6 pack of piss warm Old Style beer in "Tent City" for $20 bucks! on Sat. best purchase I think I've ever made)
              200th Battle of Tippecanoe Nov. 5-7 2011 (Wow.. a moving and emotional event, had our 4th US Infantry colors dedicated the right way)
              150th Shiloh Mar 30- Apr 1 2012

Comment

Well Co. B its all been said at this point, so with misty eyes... BIG PIG, LITTLE PIG!!!
                Ryan Johnson
                Texas Ground Hornets

sigpic
                Descendant of Gen. Zebulon York 14th Louisiana

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Murray View Post
                  Seems I missed something.
                  Let's just say that your prize fight in New York would have garnered woldwide attention...haha
                  Jonathan "Scottie" Scott
                  Co. A, 104th Illinois Volunteer Infantry
                  Salt River Rifles

Upcoming:
                  <a href="http://www.fortsanders.info/">Race to Knoxville: April 17-19, 2009</a>
                  <a href="http://www.georgiadivision.org/">145th Anniversary Battle of Resaca: May 17-19, 2009</a>

Comment

What prize fight? I am missing something too.
                    Nathan Hellwig
                    AKA Harrison "Holler" Holloway
                    "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Comment

Maybe this is a prize fight between those who don't know the functional differences between cotton and wool.
                      [B]Charles Heath[/B]
                      [EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]heath9999@aol.com[/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spanglers_Spring_Living_History/"]12 - 14 Jun 09 Hoosiers at Gettysburg[/URL]

[EMAIL="heath9999@aol.com"]17-19 Jul 09 Mumford/GCV Carpe Eventum [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="beatlefans1@verizon.net"]31 Jul - 2 Aug 09 Texans at Gettysburg [/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="JDO@npmhu.org"] 11-13 Sep 09 Fortress Monroe [/EMAIL]

[URL="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Elmira_Death_March/?yguid=25647636"]2-4 Oct 09 Death March XI - Corduroy[/URL]

[EMAIL="oldsoldier51@yahoo.com"] G'burg Memorial March [/EMAIL]

Comment

Holler, it was going to be a boxing match between Co.'s B and F or G.
                        Mark Krausz
                        William L. Campbell
                        Prodigal Sons Mess of Co. B 36th IL Inf.
                        Old Northwest Volunteers
                        Agents Campbell and Pelican's Military Goods

Comment

I think you sould have put Del up agenst ne man blue or grey and he would have wooped 'em...lol
                          Marvin Greer
                          Snake Nation Disciples

"Now bounce the Bullies!" -- Lt. David Cornwell 9th Louisiana Colored Troops, Battle of Milliken's Bend.

sigpic

Comment

Holler and all of B Company,

I just want everyone to know that I thoroughly enjoyed serving with one of the best units in the hobby. We came together from all over the nation and formed a functioning and integrated body of troops that performed everytime above expectations.

Holler, Boozie, all our NCOs and the S*#t Asses and the Grenadier Sections were the best. I feel honored that I was moved around in the company. I was able to fight and march with everyone. In fact, I think I was assigned to every Cpl.!

I had the time of my life with ALL of you!

Thank you for warmly welcoming me to your company. I will forever have the fondest memories of my service with you from warm nights with fire-flys to the freezing rain.

For those that may have complained about us, I say... "Get over it!"

I hope that we might serve again!

Yours,
                            Sean T. Malis
                            (aka John J. Bell)
                            US Dragoon & US Infantry

Comment

Sean, are you going to put any of your photos online?

Brett "Homer" Keen
                              Chicago
                              [I]"Excessively spirited in the pranks and mischief of the soldier"[/I]

OEF 03-04 [I]Truth Through Exploitation[/I]

Comment

Working...
                              X