Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Piney Pics

Sgt. O'Brien,
    That bacon made the Oath of Allegiance look really, REALLY good on Wednesday evening. The soup about did me in, too... If the event wasn't cancelled on Thursday night, you probably would have missed me as I made my way to the Federal lines to take the Oath and get a decent meal...

Bill Birney
    CR's
    William Birney
    Columbia Rifles

"The OTB is made up of the dregs of humanity, the malcontents, the bit*#ers and moaners, the truth tellers, the rebellious, etc. In other words, the ones that make good soldiers when the firing starts or the marching gets tough. The $&#*$& is run by parade ground, paper collar soldiers, the ones that pee on themselves when a car backfires and would be better fit for counting beans and puffying up their own egos and kissing each others @$(#*$*..."
    Thomas "Uncle Tom" Yearby, 20 March 2009

Comment

Originally posted by MD_Independent View Post
      Sgt. O'Brien,
      That bacon made the Oath of Allegiance look really, REALLY good on Wednesday evening. The soup about did me in, too... If the event wasn't cancelled on Thursday night, you probably would have missed me as I made my way to the Federal lines to take the Oath and get a decent meal...

Bill Birney
      CR's
      You might have gained a little weight and a new uniform to boot? It may have been worth it Bill.
      Kiev Thomason
      a.k.a. King Corn:baring_te
      WIG
      Armory Guards
      Forest Park Lodge #399
      Forest Park GA.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithRK View Post
        Here's the image of Co. G, 24th Iowa. Taken before everybody left for home.

How did the Yeti make it into our picture...oh thats just Todd!:D
        Kiev Thomason
        a.k.a. King Corn:baring_te
        WIG
        Armory Guards
        Forest Park Lodge #399
        Forest Park GA.

Comment

photo CDs on the way

The photo CDs are in the care of the post office as of this afternoon. I hope they all arrive by the weekend. If you asked for one and don't get one by then, or if you didn't ask for one and would like one now, email me at chevelle@flatfenders.com
          This event may have ruined the usual mainstream events for me. After being with the authentic campaigners for almost a week, even from a distance, it is like having scales removed from the eyes, I know which path to take now. But the folks I know at the local mainstream events are having such a good time anyway, I'll keep hanging out with them. And if I could get "Dawg" to come to one of the AC events, you'd all swear he stepped directly out of 1860. He's a lot like Cornbread.
          I'm working on an AAR, one of these days it'll be done and posted. It's enjoyment and entertainment to read all your reports, the different perspectives give a pretty good picture of what happened. Keep 'em coming.
          Congrats to some of the folks who were at ITPW for appearing on the current cover of the Camp Chase Gazette, for Marmaduke's Raid last fall.
          Last edited by Texasbutternut; 03-24-2009, 09:31 AM. Reason: link bad
          Hank Van Slyke
          "Cousin Hank"
          [URL="http://www.flatfenders.com/scv/camp1745.htm"]3rd Texas Light Artillery[/URL]
          Orange, Texas

Comment

3 news photos By Axel.

William Miconnet
            French Mess
            AES
            BGR & IPW Survivor
            Never ever give up!
            In memory of Steve Boulton, live the little story, lost in the history...
            I believe!

Comment

Johnny, I made just a few pics with the crappy little disposable I had with me.

There is a much better collection at http://www.flickr.com/photos/sfxeric/ and some photos of the Civilians at http://www.flickr.com/photos/2316689...7615980256592/
              Troy Groves "AZReenactor"
              1st California Infantry Volunteers, Co. C

So, you think that scrap in the East is rough, do you?
              Ever consider what it means to be captured by Apaches?

Comment

one last photo for Chawls

Found this photo in a camera I'd forgotten about. This is on the trail near the Deer Check Station. It seems like it is a sort of metaphor for the passing of Charles Heath to me, the campfire was great, the coals are cooled, he's gone on down the trail...

http://www.flatfenders.com/ITPW09/TH24.jpg

And one more nearby...

http://www.flatfenders.com/ITPW09/TH23.jpg
                Hank Van Slyke
                "Cousin Hank"
                [URL="http://www.flatfenders.com/scv/camp1745.htm"]3rd Texas Light Artillery[/URL]
                Orange, Texas

Comment

Thankye Cousin Hank. I'd gone four whole days without a crying jag.

Time to go up to Daddy's , find Mama's big food dehydrator, and throw another round of chicken litter under the muscadines.

Oh, and find those notes I used when I last made souse 30 years ago. Gotta start somewhere.
                  Terre Hood Biederman
                  Yassir, I used to be Mrs. Lawson. I still run period dyepots, knit stuff, and cause trouble.

sigpic
                  Wearing Grossly Out of Fashion Clothing Since 1958.

ADVENTURE CALLS. Can you hear it? Come ON.

Comment

Working...
                  X