Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank You, Company G, 28th LA, For These Things...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thank You, Company G, 28th LA, For These Things...

Rick,
    It was good to see you again. The first time we met we were cold and wet as well as dog tired from a 14 mile march! I wish we could have spent more time together, but it was good to visit with you the little time we had. Sorry you missed the good weather from the days prior. Maybe we can share a fire again one day.

Larry (Tater) Young
    Larry Young
    Deo Volente

DeQuincy F&AM #279 PM
    Pelican Civil War Lodge F&AM #1861

"ITPW" Survivor"
    Proud member of "The Independent Rifles"

11th TVI
    "Swamp Angels Mess"
    Proud decendant of Freeman Hughes 33rd Ark Co. G
    John McGowan 19th Ark Co.K (Dockerys)
    D.R. Booth 3rd Ark Co.G Three CReeks Rifles

Comment

The command of company G was in the able hands of Captain Charles Tucker who has the reputation as a hard marching, hard fighting, very hard drinking fellow. Company G was the elite striker unit of Colonel Walker/Aufmuth's representation of the 28th Louisiana. It was also the desginated ox replacement company for pulling the wagon when the oxen were tired. A footnote on the selection of the 28th Louisiana for the Confederation impression for the event was because my wife's gggrandfather was in Company G and she said I could not do the event unless that regiment and company G. were included.
      Tom Yearby
      Texas Ground Hornets

"I'd rather shoot a man than a snake." Robert Stumbling Bear

Comment

Originally posted by Old Reb View Post
        A footnote on the selection of the 28th Louisiana for the Confederation impression for the event was because my wife's gggrandfather was in Company G and she said I could not do the event unless that regiment and company G. were included.
        Tom,

I certainly hope that we did justice for your wife and her triple G-Father in our portrayal of Company G. I can attest that all those in Co. G felt a strong conviction to perform all duties assigned to them, whether it be after a long march or standing picket in the rain, we had the right attitude to see things through. From operating in messes, to delaying the advancing Federals in a perfect example of skirmish in retreat, to enjoying hearing your comrades sing "Old King Crow" in the darkness of the Kisatchie Forest..... I would like to think we caught a small glimpse of what the real boys of '64 experienced.
        [FONT=Georgia][/FONT][SIZE="3"][FONT="Georgia"]Dan Biggs[/FONT][/SIZE]

-Member of the Southwest Volunteers Mess

Comment

Working...
        X