Lost Tribes event images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lost Tribes event images

I heard that despite even how most of the bushwhackers were lounging about town in one place for a couple hours flaunting their arms, the "loyal Unionist" townsfolk couldn't provide exact numbers and could only describe two of the men.
    Phil Graf

Can't some of our good friends send us some tobacco? We intend to "hang up our stockings." if they can't send tobacco, please send us the seed, and we will commence preparing the ground; for we mean to defend this place till h-ll freezes over, and then fight the Yankees on the ice.

Private Co. A, Cook's Reg't, Galveston Island.

Comment

Not one person in town was loyal to the Union. We knew not to believe anything they told us. Both times I took men out on patrol I ran into the bushwhackers. Thats how we found out how many they had.
      Nathan Hellwig
      AKA Harrison "Holler" Holloway
      "It was the Union armies west of the Appalachians that struck the death knell of the Confederacy." Leslie Anders ,Preface, The Twenty-First Missouri

Comment

We shot 2 dozen Union soldiers once or twice and never determined how many more (or less) until we watched them march out of town Sunday morning. Evidently, there were reinforcements between Saturday night and Sunday noon.

This bushwhacking has become a very tedious business.
        Fergus Bell

"Give a man fire & he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."
        Terry Pratchett

Comment

Great images!

"My, arn't you Bushwhackers the gentlemen!" Great impressions of true Missouri men. These are wonderful and thanks for posting them.
          Christopher E. McBroom, Capt.
          16th Ark. Infantry - 1st Arkansas Battalion, C.S.A.

Little Rock Castle No. 1
          Order of Knights of the Golden Circle

Comment

Wow, those are great. The image of the hanging, to me, is hauntingly realistic. It mimics the real images of hangings, especially the cold indiffrence of the men posing with the body. Really cool!
            -Ricky Jones

[FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkRed"]In Memory of [SIZE="3"]1[/SIZE]st. Lt. David Allen Lawrence, 44th G.V.I. / K.I.A. Wilderness, Va.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
            X