X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ‘150th Cycle' Event Plans Underway

Originally posted by OldKingCrow View Post
    Chris

Awesome !! It is indeed good to hear of your commitment to the EBUFU events. Will you be returning to follow up meetings of the 150th cycle round table ? Would you take that passion for history heavy back and you too Mr. Anders pick some events (and work with its coordinators) and push for the maximum effort attendance by some of the large, regional groups you mention at the next meeting ? Then when you have folks posting lists on fora across the internets you have some EBUFU on there ? Help get the masses out ? With ample notice and the right attitude you will get a lot of lee way on kit provided you are anachronism free and willing to suck it up..but you guys are in the EBUFU scene so you know this. In reality I think by providing the excitement and oppty as a "round table" for more folks to experience focused events the 150th is far better served than mainstream calender deconfilction...and if you provide the oppty and support and they still dont come (which recent history shows most wont) the same X% </> will keep on doing their thing free and independent from the mainstream.
    Chris, what on earth are you talking about? Are you for this effort, against it, or waiting for more information? I'd really like to know, because it's difficult to tell from your questions what your actual concerns are.

You sound as if you have problems with it, and suspect it of taking away from other events. But there's no basis for that. Not only does it represent an effort to do some planning out to 2015, but a number of folks there (which you may see from the full minutes, when they come out) spend a substantial amount of time at events you see listed on the AC forum as straight-up "EBUFU."

Beyond that, several of the events discussed in Winchester, being by hobbyists, for hobbyists and preservation, meet a literal definition of "EBUFU." Listing them here in the "adjunct" folder is basically a concession to past warfare over what that term means. Having been involved in several of Chris Ander's "hybrid" events, I can tell you that they're as much "EBUFU" with a mainstream adjunct as the other way around.

And further beyond that, if you have a concern about the standards and level of authenticity these events will provide, you have as much opportunity as anyone to participate, if not in person then online. I for one would welcome your contribution, if you can work through your coherence issues.
    Michael A. Schaffner

Comment

Please remove this post.
      Last edited by Marylander in Grey; 09-03-2009, 10:25 PM. Reason: deleting
      Chris Fisher
      [COLOR="Blue"][I]GGGS Pvt Lewis Davenport
      1st NY Mounted Rifles
      Enlisted Jan 1864 Discharged Nov 1865[/I][/COLOR]
      [I][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Member Co[COLOR="DarkGreen"][/COLOR]mpany of Military Historians[/COLOR][/I]

Comment

Originally posted by Pvt Schnapps View Post
        Chris, what on earth are you talking about? Are you for this effort, against it, or waiting for more information? I'd really like to know, because it's difficult to tell from your questions what your actual concerns are.

For someone who is so incoherent and not at your level of elite enlightenment I sure seem to draw long winded responses from you everytime. Am I truly "that" in your head or what ? I am sure my points are as moronic as you suggest Mike and no one here desires or even understands what I mean when I seek an effort to get EBUFU events included in the 150th planning.

You sound as if you have problems with it, and suspect it of taking away from other events. Not only does it represent an effort to do some planning out to 2015,

Yes and NONE of the events associated with the A/C are included in those plans as yet disclosed are they Mike ? Is that coherent enough ?

but a number of folks there ...spend a substantial amount of time at events you see listed on the AC forum as straight-up "EBUFU."

Credibility lies in the committment to the promotion and attendance of EBUFU events as a priority, if not exclusively. It is an insult to those who work tirelessly and drive miles to support events that are well advertised and known (often listed "adjuncts") yet get ZERO nod or simple inclusion on your list...and if the "hardcore" folks were represented in force at your meeting and the list has been posted here in this thread without a single EBUFU on it..SHAME SHAME SHAME ON THEM....

Beyond that, several of the events discussed in Winchester, being by hobbyists, for hobbyists and preservation, meet a literal definition of "EBUFU." Listing them here in the "adjunct" folder is basically a concession to past warfare over what that term means. Having been involved in several of Chris Ander's "hybrid" events, I can tell you that they're as much "EBUFU" with a mainstream adjunct as the other way around.

The almost EBUFU, looks and smells like an EBUFU, could be....would be...should be an EBUFU doesnt hold too much weight for the same ole "those" who have been there done that at EBUFU event in and EBUFU event out.... the one hobby concept doesnt get much mutual support (yet again). If they want to be EBUFU there is a process and a panel of respected folks, most who lead their own mutually supportive history heavy events (none are on your list either) that make those decisions. I put my faith in those leaders and their vetting process. EBUFU is either going to be the history heavy "accrediting org" or it isnt...there is no almost sorta kinda perhaps it would be nice events..not to say EBUFU is the be all end all for everyone..but it is either what the AC represents (or did) or it isnt. You can always start a new paradigm Mike of almost close enough for EBUFU events and cut the X%ers right out of yer world and plans for good.

And further beyond that, if you have a concern about the standards and level of authenticity these events will provide, you have as much opportunity as anyone to participate, if not in person then online. I for one would welcome your contribution, if you can work through your coherence issues.

You wouldnt welcome my participation anymore than you obviously do not welcome or advocate the events in connection with this website Mike. Because despite all your fancy wordsmithing and all this participation by folks so committed to the EBUFU events, not a single event is on your list or identified as an event to get mainstream folks out to and pumped up for. Straight up ? It seems to me that you / folks are poaching from here and showing very little respect for the events and the EBUFU schedule here, but what do I know ? I am just an incoherent guy who calls them exactly like I see em'

Chris Rideout
        Tampa, Florida
        Last edited by OldKingCrow; 09-03-2009, 10:11 PM.

Comment

In the selfish interest of my own sanity, I'm closing this thread.
          John Wickett
          Former Carpetbagger
          Administrator (We got rules here! Be Nice - Sign Your Name - No Farbisms)

Comment

Working...
          X