Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Campaigner Adjunct for "Return to Manassas"

Friends,
    Two of the companies in the adjunct have set up Facebook pages to facilitate communication without cluttering up email boxes. Here are the links:

Feel free to join the Facebook pages. Anyone who uses the AC Forum is the kind of reenactor we are hoping will attend the event with us :)
    Joe Bordonaro

Comment

Gentlemen. We're moving forward with a full head of steam. Despite the command shake-up earlier this week, we find no reason to pull out. So it's full speed ahead. Also, most recent adjunct events seem to have fallen apart prematurely. This one will not. Why? Because most of the guys signing up have staying power and grit. Hell, should the general event fall apart for any reason, due to our logistical independence, we can and will carry through. On Chris Anders' schedule, we lose a historical day between Thoroughfare Gap and Chinn Ridge. Should other battalions melt due to rain, heat, or snow, we are able recreate that 'lost day' in place of Chinn Ridge. Not a Leave Early? Have the ability to stick things out to the bitter end? Then come along with us. Keep the registrations coming. Bill B
      William Birney
      Columbia Rifles

"The OTB is made up of the dregs of humanity, the malcontents, the bit*#ers and moaners, the truth tellers, the rebellious, etc. In other words, the ones that make good soldiers when the firing starts or the marching gets tough. The $&#*$& is run by parade ground, paper collar soldiers, the ones that pee on themselves when a car backfires and would be better fit for counting beans and puffying up their own egos and kissing each others @$(#*$*..."
      Thomas "Uncle Tom" Yearby, 20 March 2009

Comment

Billy,

I've told everyone that you made me fence rail to burn and I'm going to burn it. Also, who cares who's in command. In the ranks you only really care about the guys next to you.

All for the Union!
        Your Obedient Servant,

Peter M. Berezuk

Comment

Post Number 42 on this thread has the registration form. We had a very positive meeting today with the PL and the event organizers. Everything looks good!
          - Joe Bordonaro
          PS Here's an even easier access to the registration form for the adjunct: http://pl.mainecav.org/potomac_legio...gistration.pdf
          Last edited by pvtbordonaro; 04-18-2010, 06:47 AM.
          Joe Bordonaro

Comment

I will have to work some extra days and get some time off, but count me in. No chance these guys were sporting blue battle shirts at this time? Otherwise I need a unlined fatigue blouse.
            Gregory Deese
            Carolina Rifles-Living History Association

http://www.carolinrifles.org
            "How can you call yourself a campaigner if you've never campaigned?"-Charles Heath, R. I. P.

Comment

Gregory,
              Great to hear that you'll be falling in with us! Among other reasons I'm happy to hear the news, now we'll have someone to get info on the "To Prevent Effusion of Blood" event, which sounds excellent. No, I don't think they had battleshirts. Pretty much generic sack coats. I can ask around to see if anyone has an extra one if you want me to.
              - Joe Bordonaro
              Joe Bordonaro

Comment

Pete Berezuk is the event coordinator for TPEB and is doing an excellent job, despite my Mr. Hyde moments. Wasn't planning on wearing a blue coat until January, but I need to get out of SC this summer. Looks like a well organized effort with some fine folks in attendance for this.
                Gregory Deese
                Carolina Rifles-Living History Association

http://www.carolinrifles.org
                "How can you call yourself a campaigner if you've never campaigned?"-Charles Heath, R. I. P.

Comment

Deese. I'll be glad to have the King Pin of SC enacting with us. I'm not sure about the 'fine folks' part, but we'll do everything possible to make this trip worthwhile for you all. It's a long drive, so we'll do our best.
                  Last edited by MD_Independent; 04-18-2010, 08:16 PM.
                  William Birney
                  Columbia Rifles

"The OTB is made up of the dregs of humanity, the malcontents, the bit*#ers and moaners, the truth tellers, the rebellious, etc. In other words, the ones that make good soldiers when the firing starts or the marching gets tough. The $&#*$& is run by parade ground, paper collar soldiers, the ones that pee on themselves when a car backfires and would be better fit for counting beans and puffying up their own egos and kissing each others @$(#*$*..."

Comment

Gents!

Calling men from the West to join 4th Company, 26th NY Infantry for the adjunct "Return to Manassas"!

For your information, we have established a 4th Company, 26th NY Infantry page on Facebook. Check it out, sign up and pass the word to fall in with 4th Company!

FB link: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?to...15731348446497

Best Regards,

Tom Steele
                    4th Company
                    26th NY Infantry
                    Recruiter
                    Thomas Steele
                    Sally Port Mess
                    Historic Fort Wayne Coalition
                    Old Northwest Volunteers

Marmadukes Raid II
                    BGA Gettysburg - 24th Mich, Co. F
                    Fort Sanders - 20th Mich

Comment

A site visit today went very well. Looks like all systems are a-go. Found a local butcher for our rations. Found our campsites. Have provisional plans for our coordination with the general event. It was nice meeting the new overall Federal commander, too. So sign up. Registration now open.
                      William Birney
                      Columbia Rifles

Comment

Friends,
                        I took several photos of the event site today and posted 23 of them on the 26th at New York YahooGroup site. Here is a link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/26thNYatReturnToManassas/ Feel free to join the YahooGroup. It doesn't mean you're joining the campaigner adjunct, just that you'd like some info on the event :)
                        - Joe Bordonaro
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by pvtbordonaro; 04-25-2010, 07:11 AM.
                        Joe Bordonaro

Comment

Friends,
                          Here is a rough sketch of the sequence of events for the event. This outline has been approved by both Mike Lavis, the Federal commander for the event, and by Chris Anders, the overall organizer of the event. The Thoroughfare Gap scenario will take place on Friday night because it requires the fewest numbers of reenactors and so can take place then, since not everyone will be able to get on site that early. It will be a nice "bonus" for those folks who are able to get on site Friday afternoon/evening. It also means that there only needs to be two battles on Saturday and one on Sunday. So, of the four battles, two will be in the morning and two in the evening, which should minimize the possibility of heat causing problems for participants. The Railroad Cut scenario will take place on Saturday morning. The Brawners Farm scenario will take place Saturday evening. The Chinn Ridge scenario will take place on Sunday morning. Our battalion will provide a living history from 2-4 pm on Saturday at the "big house", for the event spectators. This will give our battalion commander, Skip Owens, a chance to conduct some battalion drill. Chris Anders is good with us having our own camp sites and understands that we are only committed to participating in the Thoroughfare Gap and Chinn Ridge scenarios. We will participate in the Railroad Cut scenario if they need us. Attached is a Google Map with some notes that I wrote on it to give a rough idea of where the various battle scenarios will take place.
                          - Joe

beatlefans1@verizon.net
                          Attached Files
                          Joe Bordonaro

Comment

What? Miss two whole battles? Yes. We're doing a pretty fair job of carving an EBUFU out of a fairly mainstream wilderness. The foundation's laid. We've offered everything we could come up with while maintaining very high standards. Now it's up to you all to register or be left behind. Incidentally, if you can't make it in time for Friday's fight, no problem. Our chosen regiment lost many, many stragglers on the march to the gap who caught up that night. Bam! You have your easy out!
                            William Birney
                            Columbia Rifles

Comment

Gents,
                              With Coordination taking place with the Federal Command. We are good for our proposed Campsite away from the "crowd" and will conduct a Rear guard action on Friday following the fight friday. Working to get the CS Battalion to persue us into Picket Post Senerio on Fri evening. Things are working nicely with this and really getting excited for this event!

Please get the registrations into the perspective company commanders.

Cheers,
                              skip
                              [B][I]Skip Owens[/I][/B]

EMAIL:[EMAIL="saltwaterboy01@gmail.com"]saltwaterboy01@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

[U]Southern Guard Living History Assn.
                              [URL="http://www.southernguard.org"]http://www.southernguard.org[/URL]

The Company of Military Historians[/U]

Comment

an updated site map has just been added to the R2M website. Looking forward to it!
                                Eric D. Wilson

Comment

Working...
                                X