Campaigner Adjunct for "Return to Manassas"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Campaigner Adjunct for "Return to Manassas"

Figures I'd be setting on my ass. Good thing you didn't put up a pic of me skinny dipping in the Shenandoah. Incidentally, I'm off for Oxford, Pennsylvania to look at another tract of timber for rails. Some for sale, some for the adjunct.
    William Birney
    Columbia Rifles

"The OTB is made up of the dregs of humanity, the malcontents, the bit*#ers and moaners, the truth tellers, the rebellious, etc. In other words, the ones that make good soldiers when the firing starts or the marching gets tough. The $&#*$& is run by parade ground, paper collar soldiers, the ones that pee on themselves when a car backfires and would be better fit for counting beans and puffying up their own egos and kissing each others @$(#*$*..."
    Thomas "Uncle Tom" Yearby, 20 March 2009

Comment

Friends,
      It is with great pleasure that I inform you that elements of the 1st Maine Cavalry, Co. A, will be participating in the "Return to Manassas" campaigner adjunct. They will be functioning as couriers at the event, to keep the PL battalion in touch with Federal Headquarters. This will add to the authenticity of the adjunct, since we won't have to depend on cell phones to communicate with HQ. There's something pretty cool about seeing a mounted courier gallop up with urgent orders, too :)
      - Joe Bordonaro
      Joe Bordonaro

Comment

Friends,
        Jeremy Bevard has had to change his plans to attend the adjunct due to an upcoming family wedding that he will be attending. We will miss him at the adjunct but we all understand that family comes first. His replacement as organizer for the "Western" company will be Thomas Steele. His email is hy80steele@yahoo.com if you'd like to get information about joining his company.
        - Joe Bordonaro
        Joe Bordonaro

Comment

Friends,
          Mr. Todd Harrington, Collodian Artist, will be on site at some point during the weekend to take an image of the PL Battalion. There will be a group portrait taken and there will probably be an opportunity for individuals or messes to have their image taken.
          - Joe Bordonaro
          Joe Bordonaro

Comment

Friends,
            We've reached at least 40% of our goal of 100 members for our campaigner adjunct, with 8 months to go! So things are looking good. We will be posting a roster soon and our listserver is almost ready to go public, so things are looking good!
            - Joe Bordonaro
            Joe Bordonaro

Comment

Listserver open

Friends,
              The listserver for the campaigner adjunct to the "Return to Manassas" event is open. Here is a link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/26thNY...guid=363255121 Joe Caridi has created some excellent content, including history and standards (see "Files" - General Info). Historical rosters of portrayed companies are posted, also. Soon to come is a registration page and a roster of participants. You should be able to join the listserver by following the above link and clicking on "Join This Group". If you have any problems, feel free to contact me and I will send you an invitation to the group.
              - Joe Bordonaro
              Joe Bordonaro

Comment

I saw where Bob said he would be with the CVG for this event, are they the Confederate counterparts to the campaigner adjunct?
                [B]Derrick Pugh

Western Independent Grays
                S.C.A.R.[/B]

"Yaller-hammer, Alabama, flicker, flicker, flicker,"
                I felt sorry for the yellow-hammer Alabamians,
                they looked so hacked, and answered back
                never a word." ~Sam Watkins

Comment

Derrick,
                  The Chesapeake Volunteer Guard (CVG) should have a large presence at the event, since their leader, Chris Anders, is the chief organizer. That said, I do not know of any plans on their part to have a campaigner adjunct for the Confederate side of the event. You should check with Bob, though, since I'm not really sure.
                  - Joe Bordonaro
                  Joe Bordonaro

Comment

Monsieur Pugh. The event site is only 275 acres or so. Just barely large enough for one battalion to move around freely. If there were a Confederate adjunct planned similar to our own, it'd be detrimental to everyone's experience. Few things would be more stupid than for a battalion of Federals to pass a rebel battalion on the same road. We're stretching what we have to work with to the limits, trying to get a fair amount of marching in. It's taking a lot of imagination. Throw in another adjunct and we'd be taxed to and possibly beyond the breaking point. That said, I would highly recommend the CVG, Company A, if you're looking for a Southern home. Thanks.
                    William Birney
                    Columbia Rifles

"The OTB is made up of the dregs of humanity, the malcontents, the bit*#ers and moaners, the truth tellers, the rebellious, etc. In other words, the ones that make good soldiers when the firing starts or the marching gets tough. The $&#*$& is run by parade ground, paper collar soldiers, the ones that pee on themselves when a car backfires and would be better fit for counting beans and puffying up their own egos and kissing each others @$(#*$*..."

Comment

Re: Command Structure fot the Campaigner Adjunct for "Return to Manassas"

Friends,
                      We have most of the command structure in place for our campaigner adjunct:
                      Major: Paul Parvis
                      Adjutant (1st Lieutenant): Johnny Lloyd
                      Sergeant Major: Harry Connelly
                      Color Sergeant: Art Stone
                      Commissary Sergeant: Joe Caridi
                      Quartermaster Sergeant: Bill Birney
                      We may have additional staff in order to add some more texture to the historical events played out by the 26th New York, but this is the basic command structure.
                      Next up: Rosters!
                      - Joe Bordonaro
                      Joe Bordonaro

Comment

Re: Campaigner Adjunct for "Return to Manassas" Command

Friends,
                        Our command staff for the campaigner adjunct is now complete. Skip Owens, of the Southern Guard Living History Association, will be serving as Lieutenant Colonel of the 26th New York. Here is the complete staff:
                        Lt. Colonel: Skip Owens, SGLHA
                        Major: Paul Parvis, 5th NH
                        Adjutant (1st Lieutenant): Johnny Lloyd, Columbia Rifles (CR)
                        Sergeant Major: Harry Connelly, CR
                        Color Sergeant: Art Stone, 13th NJ/Stockton Guard
                        Commissary Sergeant: Joe Caridi, CR
                        Quartermaster Sergeant: Bill Birney, CR

Our company commanders are:
                        Chris Piering, 122nd NY/CR representing primarily the New York area cpiering@twcny.rr.com
                        Neil Hobbins, Stockton Guard/13th NJ, representing primarily the Mid-Atlantic area Nhobbins@gmail.com (or contact his second in command, Bill Watson, if Neil is not able to get back to you while he gets his internet service back in operation after a house fire) Bill Watson editorwon@gmail.com
                        Tom Craig, CR/1st Maine Cavalry, representing primarily the New England area tom.craig@ymail.com
                        Tommy Steele, Sally Port Mess, representing the Westerners hy80steele@yahoo.com

For general info, please contact Bill Birney twbirney@aol.com
                        - Joe Bordonaro

- Joe Bordonaro
                        Last edited by pvtbordonaro; 02-10-2010, 01:29 PM.
                        Joe Bordonaro

Comment

Re: Campaigner Adjunct for "Return to Manassas" Command

Registration Now Open

Friends,
                          Registration is now open for the "Return to Manassas" campaigner adjunct. The form is attached below, or you can get a copy of the registration form by emailing me at: beatlefans1@verizon.net
                          - Joe Bordonaro
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by pvtbordonaro; 03-13-2010, 11:42 AM. Reason: forgot to upload file
                          Joe Bordonaro

Comment

Now, my fine comrades, step on up and sign your names to the rolls of Colonel Christian's 26th NYSV Regiment. We've made a LOT of progress in the past month. Skip Owens, Paul Parvis, and Johnny Lloyd really gave us a shot in the arm. We are also welcoming anyone who would like to form their own 25-30 man company for this battalion. Moving forward, always forward.
                            William Birney
                            Columbia Rifles

Comment

Gents,
                              I know we are looking to expand this BN. I you are interested in forming a company please let me know. We are looking for those that can raise 20+rifles in a company structure. We are making great logistical, senerio, and manuever progress with this Adjuct. This will be a a combination of a large event for numbers and a small BN LH for authenticity standards.

please email me if you have any questions at saltwaterboy01@gmail.com

cheers,
                              skip
                              [B][I]Skip Owens[/I][/B]

EMAIL:[EMAIL="saltwaterboy01@gmail.com"]saltwaterboy01@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

[U]Southern Guard Living History Assn.
                              [URL="http://www.southernguard.org"]http://www.southernguard.org[/URL]

The Company of Military Historians[/U]

Comment

Gentlemen. Get your registrations in. A registered list should be available by the end of this month. Also, if anyone in the southeastern Pennsylvania area would like to help build a snake rail fence, hit me up. First load of fence rails will be going up within the next six weeks. Thanks. Bill B
                                William Birney
                                Columbia Rifles

Comment

Working...
                                X