Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Adjunct Federal Campaigner Company - Twin Rivers

Gentlemen:

Another plug for this endeavor. I think 50 men in the company can be accomplished and I guarantee it would be a good experience for us who are used to thinking a 25 man company is pretty large. Please let me know if you think you will be able to attend.

I also wanted to mention the COI again - information is found earlier in this thread. I haven't heard from too many about attending this. What is covered will be somewhat dependent on how many will be in attendance so please let me know if you have an interest.

One last thing; the discussion board is there and I see that there are a lot of 'visitors' who come by and read through stuff. There are 27 members but threads are being read 70-80 times which tells me there are more folks out there. Go ahead and join the board, even if you're not sure you'll be at the event. If you have an interest, join up and let yourself be heard.
    Michael Comer
    one of the moderator guys

Comment

As posted earlier in the thread, the COI will be June 19th at Ft. Massac State Park. Here is a link to google maps http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl This would be a good time to knock the dust off with some good instruction and drill by Mr. Michael Comer. This could really start getting us ready for Twin Rivers. If you have any questions please contact myself or Michael Comer. Thanks!
      Seth Graves

Courage - a perfect sensibility of the measure of danger, and a mental willingness to endure it.

-William Tecumseh Sherman

Comment

I assume that we will be in the eye of the public at Ft. Massac so we might want to keep that in mind as we work on things. So, I think A frame tents would be appropriate to simulate a static camp. Bring them if you have them and wish to use them. This would also be a good opportunity to get your kit on for our Co. A impression so bring that with you.
        Michael Comer

Comment

A friendly reminder to join us at this event. I've been told by some that a 50 man company can't be raised especially among campaigners. I think it can but need your help to do it. Let's meet the challenge gentlemen and show them what can be done.
          Michael Comer

Comment

Another nudge for those that might be interested. I also wanted to point out that I know the event says it starts at noon on Thursday. If you can be there by then that's terrific. But, if you can't be there until Friday because of work etc. then that is fine. There will be a way for you to get to us. So don't let that put a damper on your attendance if you weren't sure. I have been assured that everyone will be able to get to their units on Friday if that is the only time they can get there.

So if that's keeping you on the fence, jump off it and join us in November.
            Michael Comer

Comment

Mike,

I think I'm going to get in on this deal. If I can still remember how to drill... Anybody want to carpool from DFW?

Mike Phineas
              Arlington, TX
              Mike Phineas
              Arlington, TX
              24th Missouri Infantry
              Independent Volunteer Battalion
              www.24thmissouri.org

"Oh, go in anywhere Colonel, go in anywhere. You'll find lovely fighting all along the line."

-Philip Kearny

Comment

That sounds great Mike! Haven't seen you in quite a while and it will be good to have you in the company.
                Michael Comer

Comment

Hey Mike I am trying to PM you, but it says you have overloaded your storage space.
                  Give me a holler!
                  Chad Greene
                  Chad Greene

Comment

I've had a couple of fellows say they're worried a bit because all they have is a sack coat and probably won't be able to acquire a state jacket by the time of the event. That's not a problem. The guidelines state that sack coats are accepted although all are highly encouraged to wear a state jacket if possible. However, I realize that times are rough for some and it may not be possible to come up with a state jacket. So, if you can then please go with that but if it is a problem wear the sack coat.

The only mandatory piece of uniform is the forage cap which should be an easy one for everyone. That will help give a look of uniformity for the company even if there may be some differences in jackets.
                    Last edited by Michael Comer; 09-02-2010, 08:26 AM.
                    Michael Comer

Comment

Just a reminder that the deadline for registration is the first of Oct. Go ahead and get them in. Company and batallion command needs to know what their numbers are - especially for rations. That stuff can't wait until the last minute to be gathered together.
                      Michael Comer

Comment

Mike,
                        Finally sent in my registration for Twin Rivers. Enjoyed the day at Big Oak Tree. Can't believe you pulled it off without rain.
                        Dan Hill
                        New Madrid Guards
                        "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Marmaduke's Raid 2008
                        Lost Tribes 2009
                        Bummers 2009
                        Twin Rivers - Co A. 44th Indiana - 2010
                        Camp Jackson - 2011
                        Morning Sun - 2012
                        Vicksburg is the Key - 1st-4th Consolidated Missouri Inf. - 2013
                        Chickamauga 150 - 2013
                        Tennessee on the Brink - 2014
                        Pilot Knob - 14th MO CS - 2014
                        Franklin - Co. A 44th Missouri Inf. US - 2014
                        Helena - 33rd Missouri US - 2015
                        Fort Blakeley - 2017
                        Corinth Living History - 6th Missouri Infantry- 2018
                        The Assault on Fort Blakeley - 1st/3rd MO Dismounted Inf. - 2019
                        Missouri 1861 - MMFF - 2019

Comment

Folks,

I need to be putting together a list of folks for rations. I can't give the organizers the accurate information they need until folks are registered. Please take care of that and it will really help me and the orgnizers out.
                          Michael Comer

Comment

Registration closes OCT. 1. Get these in quickly boys.
                            Michael Comer

Comment

The time for hesitation is passed. Get those registration forms filled out and sent in!
                              Brian Hicks
                              Widows' Sons Mess

Known lately to associate with the WIG and the Armory Guards

"He's a good enough fellow... but I fear he may be another Alcibiades."

“Every man ever got a statue made of him was one kinda sumbitch or another. It ain’t about you. It’s about what THEY need.”CAPTAIN MALCOLM REYNOLDS

Comment

Paid in full
                                Frank Perkin

Comment

Working...
                                X